CUBE TRAVEL SL Belt Drive Men Trekking Bike - 2017 - black/red
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)
Description of CUBE TRAVEL SL Belt Drive Men Trekking Bike - 2017 - black/red
Best way to have fun!
The Travel SL is a very special sports tourer. This lightweight machine is ideal for both touring and everyday urban use and has a drive belt instead of a chain - so rattling gears, oily trousers and regular maintenance are all eliminated. The belt is practically indestructible. CUBE have also fitted a low-maintenance Alfine 8-speed hub and hydraulic disc brakes, making the Travel SL safe and comfortable to ride all year round, wherever your travels take you. What better way to have fun?
The Gates CDN drive belt can be fitted by opening the aluminium frame's Split & Slide dropout. This precision-welded device can also be adjusted horizontally (for belt tension), easily and accurately, with the help of two screws. The classically elegant frame design features double butted aluminium tubes, which means it's both extremely stiff and impressively light - but CUBE have still allowed room for tires up to 47-622. Cables are routed inside the down tube, reducing wear and tear.
CUBE wanted perfect gear shifting performance regardless of weather conditions, so the reliable and low maintenance Alfine 8-speed hub was the obvious choice. CUBE didn't compromise on the brakes, either. Shimano's BR-M315 hydraulic discs deliver safe stopping power even when fully laden, or in dangerous situations. The sensor control built into the AXA Blueline 50-T Steady Auto LED lighting system - with up to 50 lux output - alternates automatically between daylight riding and night-time lighting, and stays lit even when you're stationary - such as standing at traffic lights, or waiting at a junction. Schwalbe's Marathon Supreme tires keep the Travel SL firmly planted on the road, reducing rolling resistance and increasing rider comfort.
- Aluminium Superlite - Extremely high tensile strength heat-treated 7005 aluminium alloy is developed for the highest requirements. It is very stiff, fatigue resistant, corrosion resistant and has high elongation. CUBE Superlite tubes are double butted, giving very light tubesets with a high level of stiffness.
- Advanced Mechanical Forming - With the Advanced Mechanical Forming technology CUBE can mechanically transform different frame tubes and thus optimize them without material-wearing welding work for the respective requirements. Along the obtained organic look, the production method is primarily motivated by functional reasons. Multiple converted tubes enable CUBE to manufacture lighter and also stiffer aluminum frames.
- Smooth Welded - This elaborate procedure with doubled weld seams has two advantages: On the one hand, it improves the firmness of the weld seams and minimizes the load peaks on the tube welds through energy flow and on the other hand, it helps the frame to a better and more organic look due to the smooth and hardly noticeable welds.
- Split&Slide Dropout - The SPLIT function allows the frame to open at the rear dropout to enable a drive belt to be mounted. The SLIDE function at the horizontal adjustable dropout allows wheel adjustment and chain/belt tension to be made easily without having to readjust the disc brakes. Adjustment screws avoid readjusting the wheel and ensure perfect function and durability.
- StVZO - CUBE Bikes with this labelling fulfill all legal requirements and meet all safety demands according to the StVZO German Road Traffic Licensing Regulations. Lighting systems and reflectors mounted are tested and certified accordingly. These bikes take into account every security-related detail to guarantee safe and relaxed mobility in traffic.
- Integrated Cable Routing - Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance.
- Wet Paint Surface - On polished, brushed aluminium and all HPC frames, the logos and graphics are applied in multi-layer wet paint. CUBE use this surface treatment technology mainly to save weight.
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)
Fact Sheet of CUBE TRAVEL SL Belt Drive Men Trekking Bike - 2017 - black/red
|Product Name:||CUBE TRAVEL SL Belt Drive Men Trekking Bike - 2017 - black/red|
|Manufacturer item code:||845300|
|Weight:||approx. 13,80 Kilogram (manufacturer information)|
|Frame:||Aluminium Superlite Urban Double Butted|
|Headset:||FSA Orbit Z | semi-integrated 1 1/8"|
|Fork:||Aluminium Rigid Fork|
|Stem:||CUBE Performance Stem Pro | 31.8 mm|
|Bar:||CUBE Rise Trail Bar | 680 mm|
|Saddle:||Selle Royal Viper Video Gel|
|Seatpost:||CUBE Performance Post | 27.2 mm|
|Crankset:||Truvativ E400 | CDX 46T, BB Power Spline, 170 mm|
|Shifter:||Shimano Alfine SL-S7000|
|Sprocket:||Gates CDX Center Track, 22T gear teeth|
|Brakes:||Shimano BR-M315 | hydraulic disc brake, (160 mm/160 mm)|
|Rims:||CUBE EX21 | 32H, Disc, Tubeless Ready|
|Hubs:||front: Shimano DH-3D37, Hub Dynamo, QR
rear: Shimano Alfine SG-S700, 8-fach
|Tires:||Schwalbe Marathon Supreme | Kevlar, 42-622|
|Lights:||front: Axa Blueline 50-T Steady Auto
rear: Axa Blueline Steady
|Special equipment:||Hebie 663 Fix 18 kickstand, Standwell Bag Carrier Small, SKS Stingray mudguards|
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)