The Vector 3S is the next evolutionary step in Garmin's pedal-based powermeter lineup. One of the main improvements ist the much more convenient mounting process - just like a conventional pedal. There's no longer the need to install a separate transmission unit. The design has experienced a general overhaul, making the pedal sleeker, sturdier, more stylish and with only 324 grams lighter than its predecessor. Measuring accuracy has been optimized further and is now at ±1%.
Ride stronger, smarter, connected with the Vector 3S pedal-based power meter. As you strive to beat your personal best on your next race or Gran Fondo, power is the most reliable way to gauge your performance on any given day, at any given time. Unlike other power meters, Vector 3S has the sensor housed right in the pedal, so it delivers reliable, accurate data on every training session.
Overview of he most important features of the Garmin Vector 3S
- Installs like any other pedal and quickly transfers between bikes
- Measures total power and cadence
- Easily upgrades to dual-sensing system (upgrade pedal available separately; for upgrading the Vector 3S into a full-fledged Vector 3 pedal system)
- Sleek design provides greater cornering clearance and improved stack height
- Fully integrates with Garmin cycling ecosystem for data analysis
- Allows for easy updates via compatible Edge® cycling computers, ANT+® connectivity or Bluetooth®-enabled fitness devices¹ and Garmin Connect™ Mobile app
- Battery life: up to 120 hours
Take It to the Next Level
Vector 3S is an affordable way for you to receive power data and take your training to the next level. As a single-sensing system, it uses the forces detected on the left pedal to measure cadence and approximate total power, and it's easy to upgrade later to the dual-sensing system.
Easy to Install, Transfer and Use
With Vector 3S, there are no complex drivetrain or wheel tradeoffs and no external sensors to install. There are also no pods, so Vector 3S installs like any other pedal — and it's easy to transfer from 1 bike to another without bike shop assistance. Plus, its sleek design and improved stack height provide greater cornering clearance and smarter ergonomics, and its precision stainless-steel spindle and composite pedal body have been engineered and tested to withstand years of use. It offers battery life up to 120 hours.
Part of Your Connected Bike
Get the most from your training by seamlessly pairing your Vector 3S with compatible Edge cycling computers, ANT+ or Bluetooth-enabled fitness devices — including compatible Forerunner® and fēnix® devices — and Garmin Connect Mobile app. Plus, you can easily update software with any of these devices.
You can also integrate post-ride analysis, data sharing, mapping, route planning and more with Garmin Connect™, Strava and TrainingPeaks. And use ANT+ connectivity to get stronger by pairing Vector 3S with TrainerRoad. With the TrainerRoad app, you'll get personally scaled indoor workouts based on power from Vector 3S. The indoor training system also has training plans that tell you exactly what to do to achieve your unique fitness and race goals. It’s structured training in its most sophisticated and guided form. Sign up with TrainerRoad to get faster, and train for your first 30 days risk-free.
Technical specifications of the Garmin Vector 3
- Battery type: LR44/SR44 (x4)
- Battery life: up to 120 hours
- Weight: 316 g
- Max. rider weight: 105 kg
- Accuracy: +/- 1.0%
- Cleat type: Keo (3-hole standard)
- Q-factor: 53 mm/55 mm with supplied spacing washer
- Stack height: 12.2 mm
- Field calibration
- Adjustable release tension
- Garmin Connect™
- Measurement location: Spindle
- Connectivity: ANT+® and Bluetooth®
Included in delivery: Vector 3S, cleat hardware, documentation
Weight supplement: manufactutrer's specification