Slash is designed from the ground up to conquer the gnarliest trails and enduros, in a 29"-optimized package that makes this bike the undisputed king of the mountain.
This ride is built to dominate: the mountain, gravity, your limits, the guy with #1 on his numberplate. Throw Slash down the most technical descent, fly back up. And win.
- Alpha Platinum Aluminium - Trek's premium, aluminum alloy is continuously cold extruded and butted for weight reduction and superior strength. Frames built with Alpha Platinum feature extensive hydroforming to create the most complex industrial designs for the lightest weight, and are finished using Trek's smooth-weld finishing process.
- RE:aktiv with Thru Shaft - RE:aktiv with Thru Shaft is the shock that keeps up. Trek's unprecedented thru shaft design responds to changes in terrain faster than any other shock on the market.
- Boost 148/110 - Wider dropouts (110 mm front, 148mm rear) give you the stiffness of a 27.5" wheel with all the benefits of a 29" wheel, and Boost148 in the rear lets you run wider tires and a larger chainring without affecting q-factor and pedaling efficiency.
- Full Floater - Most suspension systems attach the bottom of the shock to a fixed frame mount. That fixed mount can contribute to a harsh ride. Trek solved that with Full Floater, attaching the shock to two moving linkage points so it can better respond to bumps across a wide variety of terrain. It feels like more travel, but it's not. It's smarter travel.
- Mino Link Geo Adjust - Fine tune head tube angle by 1/2° and BB height by up to 10 mm with the simple turn of a nut. Just flip the link to choose between slack or slacker geometry, without negatively affecting suspension performance. A Trek exclusive.
- Active Braking Pivot - Other full suspension systems firm up under braking, reducing your control when you need it most. Trek's patented Active Braking Pivot solves that by keeping your suspension active whether you're on the brakes or off. When your suspension stays active under braking, you stay in control. You can brake later in a turn, maintain better rear wheel traction in stutter bumps, go faster, and just have more fun.
- EVO Link - The exclusive EVO Link system connects the main frame to the rear triangle with a one-piece rocker link, creating a stiffer frame for greater control with minimal weight. It's a stronger, lighter rocker.
- 12 mm Thru Axle - Trek's robust and confidence-inspiring rear thru axle is about 35% stiffer than an open dropout design. And now, a thru axle wheel change is actually quick and easy, thanks to a tabbed guide in the frame's dropout.
- Internal derailleur routing - Sleek ports at the head tube and near the seat tube let you route your derailleur cables through the frame to keep your bike running smooth and clean.
- E2 Tapered Head Tube - E2 tapers from a 1.5" lower to a 1-1/8" upper to provide mare material where it matters most, for a stronger, lighter frame with point-and-shoot control.
- ISCG Mount - International Standard Chain Guide mounts offer easy chain guide installation and adjustment.