The Tectal Race SPIN NFC MTB helmet from POC delivers vital medical data to rescuers and helpers directly after an accident thanks to the integrated NFC chip. To meet the needs of Enduro mountain biking, the Tectal Race SPIN has been made even more robust and safe and is now additionally equipped with POC's patented SPIN technology.
Even the best helmet cannot protect against the crash itself: In the "golden hour" after a serious accident, every second counts. The sooner the rescuers and doctors know how to treat the accident, the better the chances of survival and the avoidance of long-term consequences. The digital Medical ID NFC chip in the new POC Tectal Race SPIN NFC MTB helmet will provide rescuers with vital information such as blood group, previous illnesses or allergies directly at the scene of the accident, if the rider* is no longer able to give information. All you need to do is hold an NFC-capable smartphone directly over the helmet. Internet, telephone or satellite connection are not necessary for reading out the data. The Medical ID is programmed according to ICAR (International Commission for Alpine Rescue) standard via a free app.
An additionally integrated RECCO reflector makes it possible to locate injured drivers* even in remote areas and an orange AVIP element on the back of the helmet ensures good visibility. The "talking helmet" is based on the Tectal Race SPIN Enduro & Trail mountain bike helmet, which is known for its excellent ventilation. Incorporated aramid bridges distribute impact forces over a larger area during a fall and reinforce the robust unibody shell construction made of high-performance polycarbonate. The SPIN pad with its silicone-gel-like membrane inside protects against non-linear impact forces and offers additional comfort. For even more safety, the helmet encloses the head over a large area and offers extra protection, especially in the deep neck area.
Features of the POC Tectal Race SPIN NFC helmets
- Trail dedicated mountainbike helmet designed to provide more coverage at temples and back of head.
- Fully wrapped unibody shell construction to improve helmet strength
- Features POC’s patent pending rotational impact protection system, SPIN (Shearing Pad INside)
- Highly ventilated using POC’s unique ventilation design
- Aramid bridge technology integrated with liner for enhanced structural integrity
- High performance PC shell covering more of the liner to improve safety and protection against sharp objects
- Simple and easy adjustment system for a perfect fit
- Precision straps molded into liner for extra comfort
- Goggle clip
- Adjustable visor
- Recco reflector
Weight supplement: at size M-L - manufacturer's specs