Go longer, go faster, and smooth out rough roads with a frameset and integrated parts that are engineered for compliance. From gran fondos to epic solo rides, this lightweight composite bike is everything you need for your most challenging rides.
With the perfect blend of stiffness and compliance, Defy Advanced Pro delivers a smooth, fast ride quality even on rough roads. Its innovative technologies include a D-Fuse composite seatpost and Contact SLR D-Fuse composite handlebar. These integrated cockpit components work as a system to add compliance and reduce road shocks and vibrations. The Advanced-grade composite frame is also integrated for disc brakes, with flat-mount disc brake tabs and 12mm front and rear thru-axles, plus clearance for high-volume tires up to 35c. The oversized and tapered OverDrive 2 steerer tube boosts cornering precision, while the MegaDrive downtube and PowerCore bottom bracket deliver precise handling and class-leading pedaling efficiency.
- Advanced Composite Frame - High-performance T-700 raw carbon fiber is used to produce custom composite material in Giant’s own composite factory. Extremely lightweight, stiff and compliant, these handcrafted frames feature the monocoque construction.
- D-Fuse Seatpost - The proprietary “D” shaped composite seatpost dampens vibration—resulting in a smooth, compliant ride.
- Compact Road Design - In 1997, when riders on the legendary Spanish pro team ONCE rolled up to the start of a race on a compact geometry Giant bike, the competition didn’t quite know what to think. For decades before that moment, the design and geometry of road bikes had remained essentially the same. Giant’s new approach was a radical departure, and they called it Compact Road design.
The concept is simple: A toptube that slopes downward from the headtube to the seattube reduces the size of the front and rear triangles. Smaller triangles create a lighter, stiffer bike.
- Powercore - A massively oversized bottom-bracket/chainstay area features a fully integrated, 86-millimeter wide bottom-bracket design.
- Overdrive - Designed to provide precise front-end steering performance, the system’s oversized headset bearings and tapered steerer tube work in conjunction to provide optimal steering stiffness.
- RideSense - Integrated ANT+ 2.4GHz digitally coded speed and cadence RideSense sensor.