The Edge fins are the ultimate speed training fins, engineered to do it all. Through extensive testing at the FINIS Stroke Lab, the Edge fins were designed to optimize training without interrupting a natural kick cycle or compromising on comfort. The combination of silicone and trademarked Smart Fin™ Technology reinforces a proper kick at high speeds, builds cardiovascular endurance and activates key muscle groups for a propulsive up-kick.
Features and benefits
A legacy of innovation
- Smart Fin™ technology: proprietary combination of blade angle and hydrodynamic vents for a natural kick cycle with instant forward propulsion
- Increased surface area and reinforced side rails for a proper kick at high speeds
- Ergonomic contours maintain constant connection with the top of the foot to prevent skin irritation and tension
- Targets key muscle groups, designed to catch water on the up-kick, activating hamstrings and glutes
- Designed to feel like a natural extension of the foot
- Advanced vent system redirects water flow, eliminating drag and increasing propulsive forces
- Open heel and toe design increases range of motion, open toe space for the most comfortable fit
- Silicone for optimum performance and comfort
- Size identification: color swatch on bottom of fin indicates respective size: Small (Blue), Medium (Green), Large (Red), XL (Black)
With the development of the Edge fins, John Mix partnered up with Industrial Designer, David Beittel and long-time friend of FINIS, Marty Hull. They set out to make the world's fastest fin that promotes a natural kick cycle and does not compromise on comfort. After months of designing, prototyping, testing and more designing, FINIS now has a fin that is engineered to do it all.