SRAM Force CX1: One Less Barrier to Cross.
The new SRAM Force CX1 groupset is a complete high-performance 1x11 cyclocross drivetrain created by blending the best of SRAM’s revolutionary XX1 mountain bike and road technologies. This is a single-ring, 11-speed complete drivetrain that is lighter, simpler, and tougher while offering a clean look and optimal gear selection for cyclocross. SRAM Force CX1 offers better chain management and smooth shifting no matter the conditions or terrain. It is the only true 1x dedicated cyclocross system.
Cyclocross braking has remained in the dark ages. Sure, they’re shinier and lighter, but rudimentary. While frame and drive train development has been the stuff of modern space exploration, road braking has languished with the likes of horse shoes an buggy whips. Until now.
SRAM, long a leader in hydraulic braking technology with the Avid brand, has reset the vision for road bike braking for the coming decade. Not unlike every other high speed conveyance, SRAM brings hydraulic technology to road cycling for multiple applications. Disc or rim brake, SRAM will stop what you’ve propelled, faster and with better modulation. Go ahead and go in deep.
The SRAM Force CX1 ErgoDynamics™ brake lever is bred from the DNA of SRAMs best-in-class SRAM RED, representing SRAM's most advanced thinking on perfecting the interface between cyclocross rider and bike.
SRAM Force 1 / CX1 Hydraulic Brake Lever + Hydraulic Disc Brake - Flat Mount
- All new design inside and out
- Revised ergonomics for better finger wrap and a revised shifter paddle for improved finger clearance
- Individual Reach Adjust
- Carbon brake levers/ aluminum shift levers
- Low hand force required
- Fully sealed system for no contamination
- Easy bleed access
- Optimized stopping power and modulation for cyclocross
- 18mm front/ 18mm rear pistons
- Specific caliper and piston ratio
- 160 or 140 Centerline rotors sold separately
- Forged aluminum disc caliper with steel-backed organic pads and stainless hardware
- Now available to fit flat mount frames and forks
Heat is an enemy of any brake system, so advancements in heat management, mean advancements in your ride. You see, SRAM found that in their systems DOT 5.1 takes almost 3 times longer to boil than DOT 4, thus allowing flawless fade-free performance in even more extreme conditions.
Brake lever fit and feel is a personal thing. Riders have individual positioning preferences, as well as unique hand sizes and finger lengths. Reach Adjust makes it easy to adjust your lever for maximum one-finger control for everyone.