Winter-proof textiles and the feminine trailFit fit make the winter softshell jacket the new benchmark for winter functional clothing in mountain sports.
The new TRAIL Winter Softshell is a further developed version of the Spring/Fall Hoodie, the all-time favourite of many female cyclists. Thanks to improved heat retention and optimized protective functions, this jacket will become a faithful companion on all winter mountain rides. The main component of the jacket is the proven NEOS Medium. This three-layer softshell material has a sealed PU membrane, making it a highly active, water-repellent, heat-retaining and 100% windproof textile under which you are safely protected from icy winter air, rain and even snow. Assos have combined this winterproof shell with tailored fabric panels from the new RX EVO+ on the upper arms, side panels, back and hood suitable for wearing under a helmet to help wick moisture and maintain breathability. This combination acts like armor, protecting you from weather elements while still allowing airflow, keeping you warm and dry regardless of riding conditions and fluctuating performance phases. After selecting the materials, Assos set about optimising the details. Guidance was provided by the previous spring/fall model of the jacket, particularly in terms of the wetsuit-style hood, which offers integrated neck protection when zipped all the way up. The hood itself can be worn perfectly under the helmet thanks to its specially designed design and even features a slot for the strap, exclusively available from ASSOS klikThru. Unrestricted visibility and maximum wearing comfort are thus a matter of course. The elbows are covered by Assos wear-resistant dyneRope fabric, and the cargoZip on the left side allows you to easily reach the contents of the back pockets underneath. On the right front of the jacket, Assos has also included a simple side pocket for smaller items. The trailFit cut jacket is close-fitting and designed for trail bikes, but is also ideal for off-trail use. The 2-way zipper allows you to wear the jacket like a cape on the strenuous way to the summit or bring in air from above in the traditional way.
Features of the Winter Softshell Jacket by Assos
- NEOS Medium: main material of the jacket, used on the front, underarms, upper back and collar. It is a patented three-layer windproof as well as highly breathable softshell material with sealed PU membrane for additional water repellent properties. Weight: 340 g/m2; Breathability: MVTR 14,600 g/m2/24 h; Water column: more than 10,000 mm; Elasticity: 4-way stretch.
- RX EVO+: Used for upper arms, hood and lower back. A textile with roughened jersey layering, asymmetric stretch and eco-friendly water repellent coating, designed to provide excellent comfort with its moisture wicking, high insulation properties while remaining extremely stretchy.
- dyneRope: A tightly woven textile with tear-resistant weave. This textile fiber is 15 times stronger than steel and thoughtfully placed to make high-wear areas more durable and keep you protected through and through.
- klikThru: The wetsuit-style hood provides a clear view, is suitable for wearing under a helmet and has a slit through which the helmet strap can be pulled.
- cargoZip: A zipper on the side for access to the contents of the back pockets.
- 2-way zip: Adapt easily to the prevailing conditions thanks to the possibility of opening the zip from the bottom for extra breathability.
- Extended back: An extended back protects your lower back from splashing water and mud.
- trailFit: Fits the body's natural movements, in and out of the saddle - close-fitting but never restrictive. A comfortable, versatile cut that's perfect for all off-road riding, whether it's for an hour or all day.
56% polyamide, 22% polyester, 22% elastane