New SRAM RED represents the pinnacle of Road racing technology and delivers countless Performance Advantages to the Professional and Enthusiast alike.
Now the new SRAM RED continues in the SRAM tradition as the leader in light weight, flawless shifting, aerodynamics, and ergonomic advantage with aesthetic styling. How did SRAM improve on the world’s best mechanical group? SRAM started with everything they knew, and then designed a brand new drivetrain from scratch. Each part was engineered with the twin goals of eliminating the superfluous while focusing on an overall synergy that translates into unmatched performance. Elegant and simple, SRAM RED perfects the riding experience through genuine innovation.
The SRAM RED Rear Derailleur has been designed to deliver the performance advantage you‘ve come to expect from SRAM. With WiFLi, the rear derailleur lengthens its cage and gets a slight variation in geometry to accommodate an 11-32 cassette. The new range of gears is wider than the standard triple chainring system and saves well over 250 grams.
WiFLi™ = Wider - Faster - Lighter.
SRAM's WiFLi™ Technology is based on the compact 2x10 - two front chainrings and 10 gears in the rear, which delivers a wider range of gears than your standard triple, faster shifts through two chainrings and 10 gears, and with significant weight savings. It's the newest technology from the company that continues to innovate the cycling experience.
WiFLi™ is all you need to know…
- Wider – a wider range of gears for every climb and any descent
- Faster - two chainrings shift (and set-up) much faster and more easily than three
- Lighter – as much as 274g (9.8%) less than the most popular road triple
- Much improved Q-factor - improved heel clearance
- Easier set up - two is easier than three
SRAM has paid rapt attention to the finer details, like adding a hollow titanium anchor bolt and even refining tooth geometry of the jockey wheel. The result is that the chain runs through the new RED rear derailleur smoother and quieter than ever before.
New tooth pulley design with a sound damping effect for a super efficient and silent ride experience. Bottom and top pulleys benefit from this feature.
- More clearance with 28t cassettes thanks to longer B-knuckle.
- New silent shifting with optimized AeroGlide lower pulley, ceramic bearings.
- New spring-fixed barrel adjuster.
- New chain pulley cage adds precise chain management.
- Titanium pinch bolt keeps a low profile while minimizing weight.
helps to simplify/stabilize the uneasy act of balancing rear derailleur hanger design, tight cog spacing and exact cable tension. The result: the easiest index shifting system to set up and it stays that way.
: compatible with SRAM Red, Force and Rival Double Tap Controls. Not compatible with products of other manufacturers.