Asymmetrical design, plenty of features, protection & comfort
The ALPINA BROOKLYN is a helmet for the city. The design language of the ALPINA BROOKLYN may be subtle, but it is striking. Asymmetrical air vents on the front, matt plain colours, a short visor, large ventilation openings at the top that form a guardian angel with the padding inside - and an LED light on the rear. At the push of a button, it activates a string of lights all around, steady or blinking, thus providing extra safety in the urban jungle.
Features of the Alpina Brooklyn Helmet
- Particularly robust and resistant 3-shell outer shell
- Individual helmet fit thanks to a tiltable adjustment system at the back of the head
- Easy-to-operate, twist-proof harness buckle with multi-stage automatic locking system
- Low weight thanks to Inmold manufacturing, in which the upper shell is thermally bonded to the Hi-EPS
- Lightweight and easy to use adjustment wheel
- Inmold Tec: Inmold helmets are made by fusing the inner shell underneath the outer shell at high pressure. The two shells are bonded, making Inmold helmets extremely stable and very light.
- Hi-EPS: All Inmold helmets have inner shells made of Hi-EPS (highly expanded polystyrene). This material consists of many microscopically small air chambers which effectively absorb the forces caused by an impact. In addition, Hi-EPS does not absorb water or sweat.
- Ceramic Shell: This is the outer shell of all Alpina helmets manufactured using the Inmold process. This lightweight material is extremely impact- and scratch-resistant, it contains UV stabilisers and is anti-static.
- Run System Ergo Flex+: This system also has the head rests for pressure distribution plus the new, easier-to-use adjustment wheel at the back of the helmet. Both elements are made of plastic.
- Ergomatic: Ergomatic is a non-twist adjustment mechanism with several settings selectable one-handed. It cannot come open in case of a crash.
- Custom Fit System: The angle of the neck support can be adjusted produce a perfect fit at the rear of the head.
- Y-Clip: The Y-Clip connects the front and rear straps beneath the ear. Fine adjustments are quick and extremely easy to make.
- Shield Protect: The detachable shield provides protection against dirt splash as well as direct sunlight.
- Earphone Tubes: With the Earphone Tubes you can easily fix your headphone cables to the chin lock.
To ensure the ALPINA BROOKLYN can be adjusted perfectly to the head, the Run System Ergo Flex+ is integrated. The size can be adjusted nearly infinitely with a fine adjustment system via a dial.
The bike helmet is manufactured using the inmold procedure, with which the Hi-EPS inner shell under the outer shell is foamed under high pressure and heat. The result is a helmet both lightweight and secure – for comfortable rides through the city.