Edge 1040 Solar bike computer - More performance is not possible!
Show your best on the bike: with the Garmin Edge 1040 Solar, Garmin's ultimate GPS bike computer - for the first time also with solar technology for unsurpassed battery power. Discover new ways to increase performance and endurance by controlling your power output with Power Guide and keeping track of your remaining energy with Stamina. Identify your personal strengths and weaknesses and get feedback on the demands of your planned route. Popularity maps recommend the most frequently ridden routes for road bike, gravel bike or MTB from billions of kilometers. Record your ride data precisely thanks to multi-frequency reception of global satellite systems and adjust your settings conveniently via smartphone.
Highlights of the Garmin Edge 1040 bike navigation system
- Ultimate high-end GPS bike computer with 3.5" touchscreen for road bike, gravel bike and MTB
- with solar technology and a battery life in GPS mode of up to 45 hours
- Physiological readings and route-specific performance management with Power Guide and Stamina
- Extensive navigation functions with worldwide Garmin bike maps as well as Trendline Popularity maps overlay
- Multi-frequency reception of global satellite systems
- Easy setup directly on the Edge or via smartphone
- New user interface with easy to reach overviews
- Connected features like Smart Notifications and Live/GroupTrack
- Compatibility with Varia Radar for increased safety while cycling
Features and details of the Garmin Edge 1040 bike navigation system
- Design: Sleek and aerodynamic design with responsive, always easy to read, 3.5'' touch display. With the new metal mount, your Edge sits firmly in the mount.
- Solar Charging: Power Glass solar charging lens extends battery life. You get up to 100 hours in power-saving mode or up to 45 hours of demanding use. For daytime touring, you'll get up to 42 more minutes per hour in energy-saving mode, and up to 20 more minutes per hour in demanding use1.
- Stamina Residual Energy: Stamina data lets you estimate how much power you have left during your trip. This allows you to optimize your energy consumption during
activity and avoid premature exhaustion.
- Cycling ability and distance requirements: Find out your strengths as a cyclist and compare them to the demands of a route so you can estimate what you're up against.
- Power Guide: Find the optimal power input for your course and its elevation profile to create a power strategy for your course.
- Find the right intensity: Get more insight into how your body responds to training. Store VO2max, recovery time, training load, training load focus, and more.
- Training status: How efficient is your training? Automatically evaluate your recent workouts and performance indicators and find out if your training is building your form, reaching peak form, or overloading.
- Daily workout suggestions: You and your fitness level are taken into account with daily training suggestions based on your current training load and VO2max.
- Sync workouts: Get indoor and outdoor workouts from the app for your Garmin Connect™ smart device or sync them seamlessly from other apps like the TrainingPeaks® app to Edge. Special prompts remind you to complete a missed workout.
- Heat and Altitude Conditioning: Prepare for any environment. Find out how your body adapts to different conditions with heat and altitude acclimatization.
- Climbpro - Divide climbs correctly: Automatically see the remaining climb and grade when you're going uphill on a route or trail. This way you can estimate how much effort you can expect and see what's ahead of you. You can even save climbs to view on your device or in the Garmin Connect app after your ride.
- Eat and drink alerts: get the insights you need to keep your body properly fuelled mile after mile. Edge 1040 displays a notification when it's time to drink or eat.
- Improve your pedal stroke: advanced cycling data provides insights into performance changes based on different conditions such as cycling position, bike configuration, tour duration and more.
- MTB Dynamics: Save the great details of all tours with mountain bike metrics. MTB Downhill Analysis provides extensive details on your last tour, such as number of jumps, airtime or flow and grit.
- MTB Downhill Analysis: Grit uses GPS, elevation and other data to rank the difficulty of the tour. The Flow indicates how fluid the riding style is on downhill rides, so you have values that you can exceed the next time.
- Extended battery life: Edge 1040 delivers up to 35 hours of battery life - even during demanding use - and up to 70 hours in power-saving mode. Double it with the optional Garmin Charge™ power pack.
- Tour-specific maps: Find your way around like a local, no matter what bike you're riding. Optimized maps highlight popular roads and trails. They also offer searchable points of interest.
- Trailforks app: Search for trails directly on Edge with routable worldwide MTB trail data and Trailforks POIs. Alternatively, download the Trailforks app to transfer your planned routes from the Trailforks website.
- Clearly displayed trails: In this mode, the next trail forks are automatically displayed. You'll also see where you are in the trail network for a better overview.
- Turn-by-turn directions: Thanks to turn-by-turn directions and alerts for the next turns, you'll never miss a turn again. Arrive safely and relaxed at your destination.
- Route recalculation: Interrupt the route guidance and the recalculation in case of route deviation to go exploring off the route. When you want to follow the route again, Edge 1040 shows you the way.
- SHIMANO Steps e-bike system: view dedicated e-bike status pages, data fields, and system status and alerts. Even display information on motor assist, gear position, battery life and more while touring.
Included in delivery:
- 1x EDGE 1040 SOLAR
- 1x standard mount
- 1x Aero handlebar mount
- 1x mounting strap
- 1x charging/data cable (USB-A to USB-C)
- 1x documentation
- 1x MTB handlebar mount
- 1x Silicone cover black