The Chris King DropSet 2
is built to be precise and dependable and sets the standard for quality integrated headset function delivering precision performance that is built on the same pedigree of Chris King headsets from the past 40 years.
Features of the Chris King DropSet 2 headset
- Engineered, manufactured and assembled in Portland, Oregon USA
- 42mm 45x45 upper bearing
- 52mm 45x45 lower bearing
- Patented GripLock retention design for exclusively reliable headset adjustment
- 10-year built-to-last warranty (the same as every Chris King headset)
- Legendary made-in-house bearings. 42.0mm 45/45, 52.0mm 45/45
- S.H.I.S. IS42/28.6 Upper Bearing, IS52/40 Lower Bearing
- Compatible with our baseplate and 45 degree integrated crown races.
Compatible with Open, 3T, All City, Low, Cinelli, Lynsky, and more.
GripLock™ bearing cap
The tried and tested GripLock, is a patented design that preloads the headset independently of clamping onto the steerer. The GripLock design ensures that the Chris King DropSet 1 retains preload better than similar products and is impervious to the ill effects of load spikes from large hits and heavy braking. This means smoother steering, no more creaking, and a longer lasting headset.
Construction type (Ahead/Thread): Ahead
Material: aluminium | stainless steel bearings
Weight supplement: weighted by Bike24