UV light has been used in the treatment of drinking water for over a hundred years. SteriPEN’s UV water purifiers complete your travel-pharmacy, emergency kit and outdoor hardware for your next trip. SterIPEN uses UV light to alter the DNA of microorganisms, rendering them harmless. These compact water purifiers are quick and easy to operate and provide drinking water that you can enjoy without a care.
SteriPEN Adventurer Opti
The handy SteriPEN Adventurer Opti is powered by lithium batteries and can be used to treat 0.5 or 1.0L of water. This small UV water purifier weighs 103 grams and can easily be stowed in your travel pharmacy or backpack. The Adventurer Opti has a capacity of around 8000 uses before it needs to be replaced.
- Ultraviolet (UV-C) light rays safely purify clear water by destroying 99.9% of protozoa (including Giardia and Cryptosporidia), bacteria and even viruses
- The revolutionary optical water sensor doubles as an integrated LED flashlight. Hold down the activation button for three seconds to illuminate the darkness.
- When the treatment is complete, LED indicators flash to let you know that the water is safe to drink.
- Use only on clear water, as cloudy, sediment-laden water hinders effectiveness.
- Treatment volume: 0.5 or 1 liter
- Preparation time: 48 or 90 seconds
- Lamp life: 8,000 activations
- Number of reprocessing operations that can be performed per battery set: up to 50 (30 with batteries)
- Minimum diameter of the bottle opening: 38 mm
- Weight (batteries included): 103g
- Size: 155 x 40 x 24mm
In order to use SteriPEN’s UV light effectively, all you need to do is to stir clear water with it. 48 seconds for 0.5L or 90 seconds for 1.0L. Wide-neck bottles are recommended for this process.
Weight supplement: manufacturer's specs