CUBE STING WLS 120 Pro 2x Women Mountainbike - 2017 - black/orange
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)
Description of CUBE STING WLS 120 Pro 2x Women Mountainbike - 2017 - black/orange
For women like to shred the trails!
In CUBE´s experience, women like to shred the trails just as hard as men. That's why CUBE developed the Sting WLS 120 Pro - a real trail bike that's been designed around female riders. With a lightweight frame and cutting edge 2x11 gears you'll be able to enjoy everything from long rides to fast blasts. And Size Split - 17 and 19 inch frame sizers with 29er wheels and 13.5 and 16 inch with 27.5in wheels - means every rider can find her perfect bike.
This is the latest incarnation of the proven Sting full suspension platform with 120 mm of smooth travel, a triple butted 7005 Superlite aluminium tubeset and nippy handling thanks to Agile Ride Geometry. CUBE have pulled out all the stops to make the Sting fun to ride, blending inspiring performance with surprising comfort. The lower toep tube doesn't just look good; it also increases the Sting WLS's maneuverability, adds stiffness and reduces weight. Win, win, win!
The Manitou Minute air suspension fork with 120 mm travel offers optimum performance with easy adjustment for an individual rider's weight and riding style, all wrapped up in the lightest possible package. The high quality theme continues with Shimano's XT transmission - the precise XT derailleur, compact chainset (34/24T) and 11-42 tooth cassette can't be beaten for versatility and super-reliable shifting, time after time. Matching Shimano XT disc brakes provide superb braking performance, while comfort and lively handling are ensured by the ergonomic WLS saddle and female-specific cockpit with Riser Bar and comfortable grips.
- Advanced Hydroforming - The new STEREO, FRITZZ and HANZZ models are built using Advanced Hydroforming. Conventional hydroforming processes cannot achieve these custom shapes and technical advantages. As this manufacturing method reduces the number of welds, the weight is reduced while durability is increased.
- High Performance Aluminium - For CUBE´s high end bikes they use High Performance 7005 Aluminium alloy which has a very low density combined with high strength due to the alloy elements and the hardening heat treatment. By triple butting or even quadruple butting (as in the REACTION , HANZZ and AERIUM models) to give different wall thicknesses in one tube, aluminium tubes are reinforced where required and made lighter where possible. In this way, CUBE succeed in getting material where its needed most. In addition they use special tube shapes, manufactured with hydroforming technology to better cope with directional forces. The low density and high strength as well as the butting and the hydroforming technology enable us to make high performance frames with an ultimate level of stiffness.
- Agile Ride Geometry - CUBE ran innumerable tests to develop the Agile Ride Geometry in CUBE´s series of big wheel bikes. They also added the 27.5in wheel size to the very well received portfolio. Three important details lead to the very agile character. Increased fork offsets let CUBE achieve the same trail as their 26" bikes without having to steepen the head angle, thus maintaining generous toe clearance to the front wheel. Secondly they shortened the chain stays without compromising the seat angle. CUBE invented a patented construction to mount the front derailleur to give them more tire clearance while keeping a conventional seat angle, leading to a perfect riding position for every rider size. Last but not least they kept the BB height the same as on their 26" bikes. These measures lead to a natural riding position. Every mountain biker will feel immediately at home on a CUBE 29er or 27.5.
- Stealth Ready - Dropper seat posts are getting more and more widespread, but to integrate them optimally in the frame, they have to be factory fitted. With the Stealth Ready frames, it is possible to build in a dropper seat post with internally routed cables, which besides the clean look, helps prevent any cables getting jammed. The exit of the cable on the frame if not required will be sealed with a cover for protection.
- Trail Motion Rocker - The Trail Motion Rocker features optimized leverage ratios for every bike and intended use, giving fast reacting yet stable suspension in every situation. The computer-designed one piece rocker construction gives maximum stiffness for the best suspension performance while still being extremely lightweight.
- Integrated Cable Routing - Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance.
- Woman Like Series - CUBE´s new WLS models come with different wheel sizes for different frame heights. The 13.5 and 16" frames have 27.5" wheels, the 17,19 and 21" frames are built as 29ers. Depending on body height, every woman gets the perfect riding character and geometry. The models of the CUBE Woman Like Series feature a compact frame geometry with shorter top tubes and longer head tubes, giving a riding position that is more upright than on the mens models. This riding position relieves the pelvis and offers more comfort. The top tubes of the WLS mountain bikes are lowered, making the bike more comfortable and safe to mount and dismount.
- Tapered Steerer - This steerer tube design is stiffer than a conventional straight steerer and yields a more secure ride feel even in difficult terrain. Minimal flex at the front of the frame means the greatest possible steering precision. With the larger steerer, the forks become more rigid. At the same time weight is saved due to the absence of bearing shells as the lower bearing is fully integrated into the head tube. On all of CUBE's carbon models the upper bearing shells are also directly in the frame, so that once more a few grams are saved and the energy transfer is very direct.
- Wet Paint Surface - On polished, brushed aluminium and all HPC frames, the logos and graphics are applied in multi-layer wet paint. CUBE use this surface treatment technology mainly to save weight.
- Press Fit BB - With Press Fit bearings, the bottom bracket bearings are pressed directly into the frame and not screwed in as usual. This gives a wider bottom bracket shell and allows them to build a wider down tube and more broadly-spaced chainstays. Every millimeter of additional width gives a significant improvement in lateral stiffness.
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)
Fact Sheet of CUBE STING WLS 120 Pro 2x Women Mountainbike - 2017 - black/orange
|Product Name:||CUBE STING WLS 120 Pro 2x Women Mountainbike - 2017 - black/orange|
|Manufacturer item code:||827200|
|Weight:||approx. 13,10 Kilogram (manufacturer information)|
|Frame:||HPA Ultralight, Advanced Hydroform, Triple Butted, ETC 4-Link, AXH|
|Rear Shock:||Manitou Radium Expert RL, 184x44 mm, Rebound Adjust, Lockout|
|Headset:||FSA 1.5E ZS | Tapered, Top Zero-Stack 1 1/8“ (44 mm), Bottom Zero-Stack 1 1/2“ (56 mm)|
|Fork:||Manitou Minute TS Air | HexLock SL 15 mm, Tapered, 120 mm|
|Stem:||CUBE Performance Stem Pro | 31.8 mm|
|Bar:||CUBE Rise Trail Bar Pro | 720 mm|
|Grips:||CUBE Natural Fit Race|
|Saddle:||CUBE WLS Active 1.1|
|Seatpost:||CUBE Performance Post | 31.6 mm|
|Crankset:||Shimano XT FC-M8000 | 34x24T, 175 mm|
|Front Derailleur:||Shimano XT FD-M8020-D | Direct Mount, Side Swing|
|Rear Derailleur:||Shimano XT RD-M8000-DSGS | ShadowPlus, 11-speed, Direct Mount|
|Shifter:||Shimano SLX SL-M7000-I | Direct Attach|
|Sprocket:||Shimano SLX CS-M7000 | 11-42T|
|Brakes:||Shimano XT BR-M8000 | hydraulic disc brakes 180/180 mm|
|Wheels:||Answer Atac MA | 15 mm/X12, Tubeless Ready|
|Tires:||Schwalbe Nobby Nic | Kevlar, Performance Line, 2.35|
|Pedals:||not in delivery|
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)
|CUBE STING WLS 120 Pro 2x Women Mountainbike - 2017 - black/orange|
|in stock, delivery time 1-3 days||Frame Size (wheel size): 13.5" / 27.5"|
|in stock, delivery time 1-3 days||Frame Size (wheel size): 19" / 29"|
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)