Now available for Fatbikes - the proven Rohloff 500/14 Speedhub. Ideal for Fatbikes especially when used in mud, sand and snow, the worst case for chain shifting.
Of course it brings all the advantages of the Speedhub:
- 14 real gears - also shift-able while standing
- 526% Ratio with about 13,6% space between the gears
- efficiency 95-99%
- no need to adjust
- minimal maintenance required for thousands of km
- symmetric lacing results in a stronger rear wheel
- compatible with Gates Carbon Drive Beltdrive
Model 500/14 CC EX DB OEM XL:
- CC - for 170mm Quick release
- DB - for 4-hole Discs
- EX - external gear mech
- OEM - OEM Axle plate for frames with Rohloff OEM drop outs (see figure)
- XL - Fatbike version with 170mm over locknut distance (10mm Axle diameter)
- up to 5" Tire width, max. 100mm rim width
The Speedhub comes standard with a 16 teeth sprocket. 13, 15 and 17 teeth sprockets are available as alternatives.
The Speedhub 500/14 is operated by a twist shifter which shifts simply by pulling separate cables up or down. The indexing of the shifting lies not in the shifter as with common designs, but inside the hub. There is no wear on the indexing system nor need to adjust it.
Do not use a chainring/cog ratio of less than 2.35. The smallest approved chainring/cog ratios are: 40/17, 38/16, 36/15 and 32/13. These are the equivalent to a 22/34 combination on a conventional drivetrain. There is no limit whatsoever for higher ratios which means that you can mount bigger chainrings for extreme downhill racing.
The Speedhub DB hubs include a cap with disc mount. It is on this side that the external gear mech is also to be found. Normal 6-bolt brake discs are not mountable, a special 4-bolt disc with only four securing holes for bolts M8x0.75 must be fitted due to the large diameter of the hub seal. Rohloff offers a range of discs from 160mm to 203mm for nearly every type of disc brake currently available on the market.
Attention: For lacing the Speedhubs you need special DD (2.0 / 1.8 / 2.0 mm) spokes with an arc length of 2.9 mm. These are exclusively distributed by Rohloff.