Speed, Control, Perfection!
The 46 AERO Tubular is one of Reynolds’ signature carbon wheelsets as its DET rim profile provides the optimal balance of aerodynamics, stiffness and comfort in just about any discipline. As a great all-rounder, it is equally well suited to criteriums, road races and time trials. Given it is plenty tough and sheds mud and sand as well as the wind, the 46 AERO will confidently handle any CX course it encounters too. Weighing 1245 grams per set, it the lightest Reynolds AERO tubular wheelset.
The 26.2 mm wide x 46 mm tall rim section minimizes airflow separation off the tire, while the DET design ensures a termination of the airflow dispersion.
This wheelset features the following technologies:
- Dispersive Effect Termination Design. AERO wheels with DET™ require less watts to move forward delivering an aerodynamic advantage. DET™ paired with AERO’s wider 26.2 mm rim bed results in a wheel that has an incredibly stable ride that steers with ease, is more predictable in crosswinds, has increased lateral stiffness, and a ride quality that will encourage speed. Reynolds DET wheels remain in the sweet spot 32% longer than the competition.
- This rim design identifies six unique areas of the rim
and assigns a specific carbon fiber and epoxy formula to each.
- Hybrid Modulus Laminate. It is a precise method of assigning
different carbon fiber and lay-ups to each region of the rim.
- Variable Resin Chemistry. It is the application of a specific chemical
formula of resin, optimally corresponding to different laminates within the rim.
- Inert Gas Compaction. It is the use of inert gas compound to mold and
cure rims. IGC ensures a more durable rim, born from ideal manufacturing conditions.
- Cryogenic Glass Transition. It refers to a patented braking system developed
by Reynolds. The system is comprised of two components: Reynolds' proprietary
Cryo-Blue urethane polymer brake pads and hybrid carbon-fiber-and-resin laminates in the brake track. The integrated CTg system effectively minimizes heat build-up from pad-to-rim friction and
dissipates heat away from the brake track providing smoother, more predictable braking that delivers the best possible stopping performance.
With CTg, braking temperatures are 100 F (38°C) cooler than with other technologies.
You can also get the RAP
warranty for this wheelset which stands for "Reynolds Assurance Program". Further informations: RAP