Versatility and Comfort!
This bike is at home on the streets of big cities across the world. CUBE added useful new features to the Travel EXC, and the engineers have developed a brand new frame for even more versatility and comfort. The efficient ride position combined with a light frame and rigid, precise-steering aluminium fork turns every road into an adventure. The Travel Pro EXC is your ideal travel companion, whether you're zipping through the streets or taking your time and soaking in the sights.
The Travel EXC deserves the best: a lightweight, efficient, comfortable and sturdy aluminium frame. It's a brand new design featuring clearance for tyres up to 2.25in. The tapered head tube and accurate rigid aluminium fork provide precise handling at high speed, even when fully laden. The double butted tubeset was welded with CUBE's proprietary Smooth Welding technique and head and seat tube junctions. The 3D forged dropout includes the disc brake mount and allows CUBE's Easy Mount kickstand to be fitted, while their Frame Safe System derailleur hanger is replaceable in case of accidental damage - which means the frame won't be a write-off if the worst happens. And, of course, the frame passed the stringent standards set by CUBE own test collective.
The CUBEstand Pro rear kickstand is made in Germany - which means it supports the Travel EXC perfectly. The light Standwell Bag Carrier luggage rack is solid enough to take up to 25 kg in weight. If you're planning a round the world tip, you'll also need to retrofit a Lowrider rack onto the aluminium fork's built-in mounts. Shimano Deore and XT gear components provide 30 gears to make riding fun, while matching BR-M355 hydraulic disc brakes add powerful grip when it's needed.
Bike24 would like to assist you thoroughly regarding model choice, frame size as well as configuration when buying bicycles and premium quality bike frames.
You will be contacted by our specially trained bike consultants via e-mail after the order process has been completed. We take into account your requests and wishes, devise the optimal set up and assemble your bike.
- Advanced Mechanical Forming - With CUBE's Advanced Mechanical Forming technology they can mechanically transform different frame tubes and thus optimize them without material-wearing welding work for the respective requirements. Along the obtained organic look, the production method is primarily motivated by functional reasons. Multiple converted tubes enable CUBE to manufacture lighter and also stiffer aluminum frames.
- Aluminium Superlite - Extremely high tensile strength heat-treated 7005 aluminium alloy is developed for the highest requirements. It is very stiff, fatigue resistant, corrosion resistant and has high elongation. CUBE's Superlite tubes are double butted, giving very light tubesets with a high level of stiffness.
- Easy Mount Kickstand - The Easy Mount Kick Stand is a new system developed and designed by CUBE. The base of the stand is mounted from below to a fitting plate integrated to the frame and fixed with a through bolt. This kick stand is extremely stiff and solid through the enlarged contact areas between base and frame which gives a stable stand even with loaded panniers.
- Efficient Comfort Geometry - With CUBE's specially designed Efficient Comfort Geometry, long distances can be covered easily. Trips with the family, tours with friends or a journey of months - explore the world and life in a new way with our travel series geometry.
- Integrated Cable Routing - Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance.
- Wet Paint Surface - On polished, brushed aluminium and all HPC frames, the logos and graphics are applied in multi-layer wet paint. CUBE use this surface treatment technology mainly to save weight.
- German StVZO compliant