At a little over 5.5kgs the Belter sets the standard. It's worth bearing in mind that every kilo on a 3 year olds' bike is the equivalent of 4 or 5 on an adult bike. At 5kgs lighter than most 16" bikes, that's a big difference to a child.
It's not just the weight however, everything is designed low rolling resistance. The high thread count high psi tyres, the cartridge bearing hubs and even bespoke full bearing aluminium pedals all play a part. But it is the belt drive that steals the show, a belt will never stretch like a chain, it'll never be gunked up by dirt and grease and it will be as good the day your kid has finished with it as the day they first rode it and dad doesn't have to worry about maintaining it.
All components are selected to pass all obstacles as easy as possible, to get the weight is just as high as necessary and to have grip on every surface.
Bike24 would like to assist you thoroughly regarding model choice, frame size as well as configuration when buying bicycles.
You will be contacted by our specially trained bike consultants via e-mail after the order process has been completed. We take into account your requests and wishes, devise the optimal set up and assemble your bike.
- Suggested age 3 - 6 yrs
- frame: 6061-T6 aluminium, brushed and clear coated
- fork: 6061-T6 aluminium, brushed and clear coated
- dropouts: forged at front and rear
- drivedrain: Belt drive, aluminium chainring with bashguard
- headset: 1 1/8" Aheadset, cartridge bearing
- stem: Ritchey aluminium
- seatpost: aluminium, 210mm x 22.2
- handlebar: Ritchey Flatbar
- saddle: custom made faux leather with brass rivets
- hubs: aluminium, 28mm cartridge bearing
- rims: aluminium
- tires: Maxxis
- brakes: Tektro V-Brake with short reach lever
- steerer angle: 69 deg.
- seating angle: 71.5 deg.
- reach: 39cm
- wheelbase: 68cm
- weight: 5,6kg