Semi-integrated headset for 1” 1/8 – 1.5” tapered road or MTB forks and frames using internal cups headtube design. Bearings with angular contact (ACB) in stainless steel. Compatible with innovative Deda H.S.S. system (Headset Stack Spacers) that allows to mount spacers directly over the headtube. With alloy top cover.
Details of Deda SI-5 Headset Tapered Press Fit
- Headset Model: semi-integrated 1 1/8" - 1 1/2"
- Bearings Type: angular contact bearing, stainless steel
- Bearings Size: upper 41×30.15x7mm; lower 51,9x40x8mmm
- Contact angle: 45° x 45°
- Headtube: O.D Ø 50.0mm upper, Ø 61.0mm lower Fork Steerer
- Fork steerer: tapered 1 1/8" - 1 1/2"
- Top cover: Ø 50mm; aluminum (SI-5A)
- Crown race: Ø 39.8mm aluminum
- Stack height: 11.6mm (10.8 + 0.8)
- Info: Compatible with headset stack spacers system Deda H.S.S
Ahead-headset building classes:
Ahead-headsets are divided into the "classical"
building class, the semi integrated "Press Fit"
and the full integrated "Drop In"
headsets. The "classical" version has a bearing which is located outside the steerer tube. "Press Fit" and "Drop In" headset bearings are located inside the steerer tube which results in a lower stack height. In contrast to "Press Fit" headsets "Drop In" headsets don't have to be pressed in. The bearing rests directly on the angled (36° or 45°) surface of the steerer tube. The most common "Drop In" versions are called "Drop In Campy"
for Campagnolo Hiddensets and "Cane Creek"
. For more detailed information please contact our service team.