CUBE STEREO 120 HPA SL Mountainbike - 2017 - black/green
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)
Description of CUBE STEREO 120 HPA SL Mountainbike - 2017 - black/green
Magnificent trail performance!
The Stereo 120 HPA SL has always been about class-leading trail performance - and you can be sure you'll extract the best from it, thanks to CUBE´s Size Split system. Whether you choose the agile 27.5 inch or smooth-rolling 29er variant, every rider can find the perfect fit with this high quality, multi-talented bike. Brand new Fox suspension components and Shimano XT speak for themselves. This bike is the perfect trail-taming companion, whether you're an ardent singletrack warrior, alpine trail blaster or multi-day endurance fiend.
The Stereo 120's frame has clean, dynamic looks thanks to the complex hydroformed and triple butted aluminium 7005 Ultralite tubes. It also manages to finesse a weight advantage, without sacrificing either stiffness or strength. CUBE´s finely tuned Agile Trail Geometry (ATG) is matched to each wheel size to provide an unrivaled blend of stable, lively handling in all situations. Efficient Trail Control (ETC), combined with the forged Trail Motion Rocker linkage, creates a perfectly balanced suspension setup and optimum spring rate, irrespective of frame size.
The brand new Shimano XT 2x11-speed components, with a wide-range 11-42 teeth cassette and double chainset optimised to the wheel size (36x26 teeth for 27.5 inch and 34x24 teeth for 29er), is the perfect match for the Stereo 120 SL. XT remains the gold standard for both shifting and braking, and the 2x setup just increases its appeal and versatility. A Fox 32 Float fork and matching Float DPS rear shock mean it's easy to set the Stereo's suspension up for any riding situation, while its lively character is perfectly matched by the light and stiff Fulcrum Red 66 system wheels and versatile Schwalbe Nobby Nic 2.25 inch tires.
- Advanced Hydroforming - The new STEREO, FRITZZ and HANZZ models are built using Advanced Hydroforming. Conventional hydroforming processes cannot achieve these custom shapes and technical advantages. As this manufacturing method reduces the number of welds, the weight is reduced while durability is increased.
- High Performance Aluminium - For CUBE´s high end bikes they use High Performance 7005 Aluminium alloy which has a very low density combined with high strength due to the alloy elements and the hardening heat treatment. By triple butting or even quadruple butting (as in the REACTION , HANZZ and AERIUM models) to give different wall thicknesses in one tube, aluminium tubes are reinforced where required and made lighter where possible. In this way, CUBE succeed in getting material where its needed most. In addition they use special tube shapes, manufactured with hydroforming technology to better cope with directional forces. The low density and high strength as well as the butting and the hydroforming technology enable us to make high performance frames with an ultimate level of stiffness.
- Agile Trail Geometry - The Agile Trail Geometry carries over the Agile Ride Geometries benefits but with more focus on aggressive trail use. This can be achieved through a more compact frame construction with an even lower top tube and improved standover height. The result is more freedom of movement on the bike for the rider and a lower centre of gravity which guarantees agile handling and more riding fun.
- FOX Customized Setup - Sophisticated suspension kinematics are only able to work correctly if the associated shock is properly tuned. CUBE researched and found a specific shock setup in cooperation with Fox Racing Shox, using extensive testing for almost every CUBE full-suspension model.
- Stealth Ready - Dropper seat posts are getting more and more widespread, but to integrate them optimally in the frame, they have to be factory fitted. With the Stealth Ready frames, it is possible to build in a dropper seat post with internally routed cables, which besides the clean look, helps prevent any cables getting jammed. The exit of the cable on the frame if not required will be sealed with a cover for protection.
- Trail Motion Rocker - The Trail Motion Rocker features optimized leverage ratios for every bike and intended use, giving fast reacting yet stable suspension in every situation. The computer-designed one piece rocker construction gives maximum stiffness for the best suspension performance while still being extremely lightweight.
- FSP4 Link - The key requirement is for continuously active and fully usable travel, with the rear triangle unaffected by pedalling or especially braking forces. There are a number of ways of achieving this CUBE favours a four bar design with a chainstay pivot. Here, one of the pivots is located between the dropout and the chainstay, ensuring that braking does not have a negative effect on the movement of the rear wheel. By carefully positioning the remaining pivots, they obtain the finest riding qualities for their full suspension bikes both uphill and downhill.
- Integrated Cable Routing - Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance.
- Integrated Post Mount - The post mount rear brake system is found on all carbon fiber frames and top aluminum full suspension models. Two bolts and the IS adapter aren't needed anymore, and fewer parts means less weight. In this case CUBE save 30 grams. This may not sound a lot. But there's potential to save weight in every detail.
- Tapered Steerer - This steerer tube design is stiffer than a conventional straight steerer and yields a more secure ride feel even in difficult terrain. Minimal flex at the front of the frame means the greatest possible steering precision. With the larger steerer, the forks become more rigid. At the same time weight is saved due to the absence of bearing shells as the lower bearing is fully integrated into the head tube. On all of CUBE's carbon models the upper bearing shells are also directly in the frame, so that once more a few grams are saved and the energy transfer is very direct.
- Press Fit BB - With Press Fit bearings, the bottom bracket bearings are pressed directly into the frame and not screwed in as usual. This gives a wider bottom bracket shell and allows them to build a wider down tube and more broadly-spaced chainstays. Every millimeter of additional width gives a significant improvement in lateral stiffness.
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)
Fact Sheet of CUBE STEREO 120 HPA SL Mountainbike - 2017 - black/green
|Product Name:||CUBE STEREO 120 HPA SL Mountainbike - 2017 - black/green|
|Manufacturer item code:||853400|
|Weight:||approx. 13,15 Kilogram (manufacturer information)|
|Frame:||HPA Ultralight, Advanced Hydroform, Triple Butted, ATG, ETC 4-Link, AXH|
|Rear Shock:||Fox Float DPS | 184x44 mm, Open/Medium/Firm Mode, LV Air Canister|
|Headset:||FSA 1.5E ZS | Tapered, Top Zero-Stack 1 1/8“ (44 mm), Bottom Zero-Stack 1 1/2“ (56 mm)|
|Fork:||Fox 32 Float | 3-Position Micro-Adjust GRIP damper, 15QR, Tapered, 120 mm|
|Stem:||CUBE Performance Stem Pro | 31.8 mm|
|Bar:||CUBE Rise Trail Bar Pro | 720 mm|
|Grips:||CUBE Race 1-Clamp|
|Saddle:||Selle Italia SC1|
|Seatpost:||CUBE Performance Post | 31.6 mm|
|Crankset:||Shimano XT FC-M8000 | 27.5": 36x26 | 29": 34x24 | 175 mm (180 mm for 23" frame size)|
|Front Derailleur:||Shimano XT FD-M8020-D | Direct Mount, Side Swing|
|Rear Derailleur:||Shimano XT RD-M8000-DSGS | ShadowPlus, 11-speed, Direct Mount|
|Shifter:||Shimano SLX SL-M7000-I | Direct Attach|
|Sprocket:||Shimano SLX CS-M7000 | 11-42|
|Brakes:||Shimano XT BR-M8000 | hydraulic disc brakes 180/180 mm|
|Wheels:||Fulcrum Red 66 | 28/28 spokes, 15 mm/X12, tubeless ready|
|Tires:||Schwalbe Nobby Nic Kevlar 2.25|
|Pedals:||not in delivery|
|Purpose:||Trails, Singletrails, Mountain Touring, Marathon|
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)