CUBE FRITZZ 180 HPA Race 27.5 Mountainbike - 2017 - black/grey
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)
Description of CUBE FRITZZ 180 HPA Race 27.5 Mountainbike - 2017 - black/grey
The weapon of choice for uncompromising enduro riders!
The Fritzz 180's 27.5 inch wheels make it the weapon of choice for uncompromising enduro riders looking for a little extra rock-swallowing ability. 180 mm of travel has never been so easy to pedal uphill - and of course, it's perfect for taming the wildest descents. This bike - with its high quality equipment including 11-speed SRAM X1 and Fox suspension components - blurs the boundaries between enduro and downhill. Wanna shred?
The Fritzz 180 HPA series caused a sensation in the cycling press after its launch, setting new standards and winning over many enduro riders in the process. With a compact standover height, elaborate suspension design and 180 mm of plush, well-controlled travel, the four pivot system has both aggressive looks and the performance to back it up. CUBE have achieved best-in-class weight for this much travel thanks to complex hydroforming and triple butting of the HPA 7005 tubes. A PressFit bottom bracket, tapered head tube and forged Trail Motion Rocker complete the high performance, standard-setting package. Innovative Agile Trail Geometry positions the rider centrally on the bike; combined with superior suspension design it means a lively ride feel and unbelievable climbing prowess.
This bike has to be able to stand up to hard use, so CUBE have selected only the most reliable components including SRAM's 11-speed X1, a Race Face Aeffect SL single chainset, strong Answer Atac EM wheels with Continental's Trail King tires and SRAM's powerful Guide R disc brakes. Superb suspension performance is delivered up front by the super stiff and supremely light Fox 36 Float Performance fork, featuring three damping settings. At the rear, a Fox Float X Performance shock delivers 180 mm of smooth, controllable travel - plenty of bump-swallowing in reserve for endless trail adventures and enduro racing. Last - but not least - the CUBE dropper post with internal cable routing adds a dose of extra fun and safety by increasing maneuverability.
- Advanced Hydroforming - The new STEREO, FRITZZ and HANZZ models are built using Advanced Hydroforming. Conventional hydroforming processes cannot achieve these custom shapes and technical advantages. As this manufacturing method reduces the number of welds, the weight is reduced while durability is increased.
- High Performance Aluminium - For CUBE´s high end bikes they use High Performance 7005 Aluminium alloy which has a very low density combined with high strength due to the alloy elements and the hardening heat treatment. By triple butting or even quadruple butting (as in the REACTION , HANZZ and AERIUM models) to give different wall thicknesses in one tube, aluminium tubes are reinforced where required and made lighter where possible. In this way, CUBE succeed in getting material where its needed most. In addition they use special tube shapes, manufactured with hydroforming technology to better cope with directional forces. The low density and high strength as well as the butting and the hydroforming technology enable us to make high performance frames with an ultimate level of stiffness.
- Agile Trail Geometry - The Agile Trail Geometry carries over the Agile Ride Geometries benefits but with more focus on aggressive trail use. This can be achieved through a more compact frame construction with an even lower top tube and improved standover height. The result is more freedom of movement on the bike for the rider and a lower centre of gravity which guarantees agile handling and more riding fun.
- FOX Customized Setup - Sophisticated suspension kinematics are only able to work correctly if the associated shock is properly tuned. CUBE researched and found a specific shock setup in cooperation with Fox Racing Shox, using extensive testing for almost every CUBE full-suspension model.
- Stealth Ready - Dropper seat posts are getting more and more widespread, but to integrate them optimally in the frame, they have to be factory fitted. With the Stealth Ready frames, it is possible to build in a dropper seat post with internally routed cables, which besides the clean look, helps prevent any cables getting jammed. The exit of the cable on the frame if not required will be sealed with a cover for protection.
- Trail Motion Rocker - The Trail Motion Rocker features optimized leverage ratios for every bike and intended use, giving fast reacting yet stable suspension in every situation. The computer-designed one piece rocker construction gives maximum stiffness for the best suspension performance while still being extremely lightweight.
- FSP4 Link - The key requirement is for continuously active and fully usable travel, with the rear triangle unaffected by pedalling or especially braking forces. There are a number of ways of achieving this CUBE favours a four bar design with a chainstay pivot. Here, one of the pivots is located between the dropout and the chainstay, ensuring that braking does not have a negative effect on the movement of the rear wheel. By carefully positioning the remaining pivots, they obtain the finest riding qualities for their full suspension bikes both uphill and downhill.
- Integrated Cable Routing - Internally routed cables offer many advantages. Cables are protected from dirt for longer life, weight is saved thanks to the absence of external housing and the bike has a clean, sleek appearance.
- Integrated Post Mount - The post mount rear brake system is found on all carbon fiber frames and top aluminum full suspension models. Two bolts and the IS adapter aren't needed anymore, and fewer parts means less weight. In this case CUBE save 30 grams. This may not sound a lot. But there's potential to save weight in every detail.
- Press Fit BB - With Press Fit bearings, the bottom bracket bearings are pressed directly into the frame and not screwed in as usual. This gives a wider bottom bracket shell and allows them to build a wider down tube and more broadly-spaced chainstays. Every millimeter of additional width gives a significant improvement in lateral stiffness.
- Tapered Steerer - This steerer tube design is stiffer than a conventional straight steerer and yields a more secure ride feel even in difficult terrain. Minimal flex at the front of the frame means the greatest possible steering precision. With the larger steerer, the forks become more rigid. At the same time weight is saved due to the absence of bearing shells as the lower bearing is fully integrated into the head tube. On all of CUBE's carbon models the upper bearing shells are also directly in the frame, so that once more a few grams are saved and the energy transfer is very direct.
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)
Fact Sheet of CUBE FRITZZ 180 HPA Race 27.5 Mountainbike - 2017 - black/grey
|Product Name:||CUBE FRITZZ 180 HPA Race 27.5 Mountainbike - 2017 - black/grey|
|Manufacturer item code:||862300|
|Weight:||approx. 14,05 Kilogram (manufacturer information)|
|Frame:||HPA Ultralight, Advanced Hydroform, Triple Butted, ETC 4-Link, ISCG Mount, AXH|
|Rear Shock:||Fox Float X Performance | 215x64 mm, Open/Medium/Firm Mode|
|Headset:||FSA 1.5E ZS | Tapered, Top Zero-Stack 1 1/8“ (44 mm), Bottom Zero-Stack 1 1/2“ (56 mm)|
|Fork:||Fox 36 Float FIT 4 | Open/Medium/Firm Mode, 20 mm Axle, Tapered, 180 mm|
|Stem:||Race Face Ride 35|
|Bar:||Race Face Chester 35 | 780 mm|
|Grips:||CUBE Race 1-Clamp|
|Saddle:||SDG Fly MTN 2|
|Seatpost:||CUBE Dropper Post | Handlebar Lever, Internal Cable Routing, 31.6 mm, 458x150 mm (400x120 mm for smallest frame size)|
|Crankset:||Race Face Aeffect SL | 32 teeth | 175 mm|
|Rear Derailleur:||SRAM X1, Type2, 11-speed|
|Shifter:||SRAM GX Trigger|
|Sprocket:||SRAM XG-1150 | 10-42|
|Brakes:||SRAM Guide R | hydraulic disc brakes 200/180 mm|
|Wheels:||Answer Atac EM | 15 mm/X12, 25Cx584, Tubeless Ready|
|Tires:||Continental Trail King | folding, 2.4|
|Pedals:||not in delivery|
|Extra:||e*thirteen TRS 1X Chain Guide, ISCG05|
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)