R45 Centerlock™ hubs combine a low-drag 45-tooth RingDrive™ freehub system, a lightweight hub body, the legendary made-in-house bearings, and now Centerlock compatibility to harness the power of disc brakes. The result is the undeniable combination of the control of disc brakes, the fast rolling speed of the Chris King bearings on long flats, and the superior responsiveness of the RingDrive™ engagement system out of the corners.
The high performance R45 Disc hubs are built to meet the requirements of the world's most demanding road and cyclocross riders with the long-term performance, durability, and serviceability that you expect from Chris King components.
Like all R45 Hubs equipped with the same 45 point RingDrive engagement system and exceedingly smooth in-house made bearings. As with every King bearing, these sealed bearings are made in-house in Portland, Oregon and individually hand-checked for precision and smoothness. This proprietary bearing design allows the developers to place more rolling elements per bearing meaning greater durability and precision. R45 bearings also feature lightweight, low-friction seals for fast rolling and can be easily serviced at regular intervals using only a single 2.5 mm hex wrench and penknife.
- Engineered, manufactured and assembled in Portland, Oregon USA
- Legendary made-in-house bearings
- Patented RingDrive™ system with 45 simultaneously engaged points of contact for virtually drag free engagement
- Easily convertible axles 135mm x 10mm QR or 142mm x 12mm thru axle rear
- Easily serviceable and completely re-buildable with our R45 Hub Service Tool
- Lockring is sold separately (PHB355) and is required for rotor installation on rear hub
R45 disc rear hubs can be used with at least 2-cross spoke lacing.
Material: Aluminium 2024 T6, stainless steel bearings
Weight supplement: manufacturer information