Wahoo Fitness KICKR 2017 PowerTrainer
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)
Description of Wahoo Fitness KICKR 2017 PowerTrainer
Note: Delivery includes the bike trainer (incl. accessories as seen in scope of delivery), only. Other products shown serve solely illustrative purposes and will not be delivered.
Note: For illustrative purposes the product is shown in another color or variation. Delivery includes the bike trainer (incl. accessories as seen in scope of delivery), only. Other products shown serve solely illustrative purposes and will not be delivered.
The bike trainer of the 2017 Tour de France winner is getting even better!
For 4 years Wahoo Fitness and Team Sky, with the four-time Tour de France winner Chris Froome, have had a successful partnership - and since 2016 Wahoo is the official supplier of bike trainers to the team. Froome and his teammates have been using the KICKR during the Tour de France 2017 to warm up before and cool down after the straining stages.
"Team Sky and Wahoo share a common approach when it comes to innovation and continuous improvement. We believe they have developed a market-leading product and we are excited about using the KICKR in the team and working with Wahoo to continue to develop and improve their products., said Tim Kerrison, Team Sky's Head of Performance Support, in early 2016.
The fruits of that continued joint effort yet again are ready to be reaped , as Wahoo releases the current update of its merited KICKR bike trainer.
Features of the Wahoo Fitness KICKR ?new: Improved compatibility: The KICKR is now fully compatible with 12x142 and 12x148 solid axles.
new: Compatible with powermeters by third-party manufacturers: Thanks to the standardized ANT+ FE-C wireless protocol, the KICKR now supports a wide variety of third-party powermeters. The measurement accuracy has been improved to ± 2 %.
Optimized performance algorithms allow for more responsiveness and a more realistic ride: In close cooperation with pro cyclists, Wahoo Fitness has been working with a lot of dedication to close the gap between simulated and real rides. Optimized carrying handle: Compared to the predecessor, the handle is considerably more ergonomic and perfectly balanced to ease handling, transport and storage of the KICKR 2016 significantly.
Heavy flywheel: Whopping 5.7 kilograms ensure a maximum of cycling realism.
Quieter performance: The low noise level of only 61 dB makes the KICKR one of the quietest flywheel bike trainers on the market. That's not louder than a regular conversation at a distance of 1 meter.
LED lights indicate power and connectivity: The two signal lights provide information about whether the device is powered or not and show the status of the wireless connection.
Maximum incline of 20%: Thanks to improved settings it is now possible to simulate even the steepest inclines at an unprecedented level of realism.
Training with the Wahoo Fitness KICKRThe Wahoo Fitness KICKR Power Trainer allows a monitored home training using iPhone, iPad, Android phone, Mac or PC that makes great fun and, incidentally, also improves performance according to your training plan. Using the ANT+ and Bluetooth Smart sensors, it receives the periphery device's signals for a controlled workout. The new home trainer can be used with all standard mountainbikes and roadbikes with wheels of different sizes. Simply take the rear wheel off, attach your own bike to the KICKR and start rolling. The KICKR promises particularly accurate power measurements thanks to Wahoo Accu power as well as extremely quiet, almost noiseless training rides with the Wisper Tech technology. Feeling the road when cycling is very authentic - a real kick for everyone exercising at home. Even those who are traveling can train. The trainer is fully foldable and therefore portable. With a respective power adapter, it is possible to run the KICKR from your car via the cigarette lighter, e.g. for cooling down in the evening after a straining stage.
Via a special software TrainerRoad continuous performance improvement is achieved when training with the help of individual training plans. Each training is re-adjusted to the respective current fitness level. Race simulations stimulate the athletes in addition to more training sessions and thus perform even better. The motivation is endless with a wide variety of fitness apps: Kinomap lets you retrace known race tracks and round trips almost everywhere in the world. Riding once through the Berlin Brandenburger Tor or up to Alpe d'Huez? Everything is possible with the KICKR.
"Zwift users love KICKR because it's an ever more accurate and detailed simulation of real world conditions."
(Mike McCarthy, Vice President for Partnerships at Zwift and former pro cyclist)
Of course, the KICKR is also (and specifically!) compatible with Zwift, the social multiplayer cycling app that lets you ride together with or against other home cyclists in virtual tours or races. No other bike trainer provides this level of realism when riding online!
Please find an overview over the compatible apps and their respective subscription costs in the Attachments.
Technical Features of the Wahoo Fitness KICKR
- compatible devices:
- iPhone 4S and newer, iPad (3rd gen) and newer, iPod Touch (5th gen) and newer with iOS 8 or newer, respectively
- Android phones with at least Android 4.3 and Bluetooth LE (= Bluetooth Smart = Bluetooth 4.0 and newer)
- Apple Macintosh with ANT+ USB Stick and/or Bluetooth LE enabled
- Windows PC with ANT+ USB Stick and/or Bluetooth LE enabled
- periphery devices can serve as reveiver or controller via the ANT+ FE-C protocol (Fitness Equipment Control)
- data transfer is possible in both directions: KICKR -> receiver via ANT+ and Bluetooth LE and controller -> KICKR via ANT+ FE-C
- wireless transmission of performance and speed
- wireless firmware updates via the smartphone app
- free for software developments/Apps
- exchangeable 11-speed Shimano/SRAM cassette
- Campa Freehub optional (available separately)
- RPM Cadence Sensor included
- standard power supply as well as 12 Volt mode via cigarette lighter, e.g. to warm up or cool down next to the car
- low-noise technology for quiet operation (61 dB)
- resistance up to 2,000 Watt
- simulated rides with a perceived incline of up to 20%
- heavy flywheel simulates an ultra-realistic road feel
- electronically controlled resistance for immediate switching between climb and descent
- adaptation of resistance every 0.25 seconds - in case the own performance fluctuates greatly
- easy installation with the included quick release
- compatible with almost any bike on the market
- optimized for Zwift, the social multiplayer cycling platform
- Strava compatible and easy to integrate into the Wahoo App for racing against each other
- TrainerRoad compatible with watt control of the trainer for adapting to changing gradients
- Kinomap compatible with single player and multiplayer mode
- Dimensions and weights
- 3 feet adjustable stand
- base area with legs open: 54 x 71 cm
- base area folded: 22 x 50 cm
- total weight: 21.3 kg
- flywheel weight: 5.7 kg
- Wahoo Fitness KICKR Power Trainer
- ANT+ and Bluetooth RPM Cadence sensor
- road/mountain bike adapter
- interchangeable Shimano/SRAM 11-speed cassette (11-25)
- power supply unit
- quick release skewer
- spacer for hydraulic brakes
- spacer for 10-speed cassettes
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)
Fact Sheet of Wahoo Fitness KICKR 2017 PowerTrainer
|Product Name:||Wahoo Fitness KICKR 2017 PowerTrainer|
|Manufacturer item code:||WFBKTR117|
|Material:||steel (structural material)|
|Weight:||approx. 21,30 Kilogram (manufacturer's specs - incl. flywheel)|
|Included in delivery:||Wahoo Fitness KICKR Power Trainer + ANT+ and Bluetooth RPM Cadence sensor + road/mountain bike adapter + interchangeable 11-speed cassette (11-25) + power supply unit + quick release skewer + hydraulic brake pad spacer + spacer for 10-speed cassettes|
|Fitting wheel size:||24" Road / 24" MTB / 650c Road / 26" MTB / 700c Road / 650b MTB / 29" MTB|
|Speciality:||5,7 kg flywheel
low noise level of only 61 dB
realistic simulation upto 20% incline
|Construction type:||flywheel cycle trainer|
|Dimension:||540 x 710 (folded out)
220 x 500 (folded)
|Maximum load (in kg):||113.4|
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)