SCOTT SPARK RC 900 Team - HMF Carbon 29" Mountainbike - 2018
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)
Description of SCOTT SPARK RC 900 Team - HMF Carbon 29" Mountainbike - 2018
Fast twentyniner carbon-powerhouse!
The Spark 900 RC Team features a slew of high end components in an affordable package. SCOTT's TwinLoc Suspension System, a 12-speed SRAM Eagle drivetrain, SRAM Level brakes and Syncros components combine to create a dreamworthy carbon full suspension race bike.
This SCOTT bike is equipped with a high quality 1x12-speed SRAM GX Eagle drivetrain, FOX 32 SC Float Performance Air suspension fork, FOX NUDE Trunnion rear shock, hydr. SRAM Level TL disc brakes and Syncros components.
- HMF-IMP3™-Carbon-Fiber - This HMF-frame is produced with the IMP3™ technology. Engineers have developed IMP™, the newest technology applied to carbon production. SCOTT's proprietary process allows for lighter construction by removing 11% of the material from the headtube intersection while increasing strength by utilizing high modulus stressed fibers for more precise fiber placement in critical areas.
- Evo-Lap Technology - With the proper selection of materials, eighty percent of the work to create a frame is done. But the remaining twenty percent requires most of SCOTT's efforts. For this reason, SCOTT's choice of the most advanced carbon fibers in the market is followed by intensive use of specific tools, like FEA (finite element analysis) software, to map out the carbon lay-up. With FEA software, SCOTT can simulate different forces on a virtual model of the frame and adjust the frame construction accordingly. FEA software enables them to create complete virtual prototypes incorporating all the physical phenomena that exist in real-world environments. With SCOTT's Evo-Lap technology they model the frame to optimize the surface area, simulate tube structures with different ply orientations, observed the results of using different configurations, and test the stress distribution in different areas of the frame. Thanks to this extensive computer modeling, SCOTT have optimized the carbon layers in all the parts of the frame. When the parts were bonded together in the first prototypes, the result was a super light and compact frame without a sacrifice in the stiffness, comfort or impact resistance. The entire range benefited from SCOTT's EvoLap technology.
- SW Dropouts - On the new Spark and Scale, SCOTT have redesigned all the parts that can give them significant benefits in terms of performance and functionality. On the previous model the support of the dropout was a bulky additional part molded to the carbon chain stay. The new dropouts are designed to be integrated on the thru-axle system thanks to a hollow tubular design that allows a simple and light weight structure. Available for SRAM and Shimano DM derailleurs, this dropout increases the stiffness and avoids damage to the frame in case of impacts on the rear derailleur.
- ICCR Cable Routing - On the new Scale and Spark, to provide a clean look and a functional solution for all the different control cable standards on the market, cable routing is fully internal and designed for full length cable housing. Routing the cables internally omits bulky external hardware and looks cleaner. The cables can endure a longer lifetime as they are protected within the frame. The entry points are machined aluminium removable inserts that come along with the frame and can be chosen according to the setup of the bike. Assembling an electronic group or a dropper post will not be a problem and the look will always be clean-cut.
- Asymmetric Design - The Spark downtube shock and linkage are clearly asymmetric, when looking from the top of the bike. Carbon fibres achieve their full potential when used in smooth straight lines. Off setting the shock slightly to the left hand side of the bike gives a clean and continuous structure from the downtube through the shock mount to the main pivot.
- Trunnion Construction - SCOTT have adopted the new Metric shock sizing standards with a Trunnion mount. Since the shock body now extends between the two lower mounting bolts, SCOTT's suspension partners have more design space. This means the shock has more stroke for the same eye to eye length. Stroke on the 165 mm eye to eye shock has increased from 38 mm to 40/45 mm. The Trunnion standard also offers structural gains. The shorter shock enables SCOTT to build a very compact frame and shock package, which integrates tightly to the seat tube. They managed to have a very tiny yet stiff linkage-lighter than ever. Thanks to the Trunnion mount construction, stand over height on the new Spark is very low. SCOTT are still able to realize a super compact full suspension frame and provide the ability to mount both a small and big water bottle.
- Rocker Link - The Spark carbon linkage is constructed with a compression molding process. It’s 37 g lighter than the aluminium equivalent and half the weight of the previous Spark linkage. Making the link in two pieces means all excess material can be removed from the inside of the linkage,without sacrificing stiffness.
- Twinloc Lever System - The patented Twin Loc technology now offers simultaneous control of rear shock travel and fork lockout. The open position allows full travel, front and rear. One click switches the rear shock to Traction mode, while the fork remains fully active. Click again and rear shock and fork lock at the same time. A absolutely user friendly system.
- Chain Guide - SCOTT's integrated chain guide was developed in collaboration with the SCOTT ODLO MTB Racing Team. The idea behind was to create a reliable component that helps to avoid dropping chains but that was light, versatile and integrated in the design of the frame. The new chain guide weighs just 23 grams and is easy to assemble thanks to the smart assembly system and can accommodate chain rings from 30 to 36 teeth.
29er Wheels - Improved roll-over is the most noticeable attribute when it comes to 29” wheels. The big wheels are great for rolling over nasty roots and rocky sections, essentially making it easier to ride these conditions. Improved traction is also a key factor with the increased wheel diameter compared to 26” wheels as tire contact to the ground is larger.
- best roll-over performance
- carries momentum
- maximum traction surface
- best stability on easy trails
- lowest suspension stress
- great for larger frame sizes
- increase stability on long curve
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)
Fact Sheet of SCOTT SPARK RC 900 Team - HMF Carbon 29" Mountainbike - 2018
|Product Name:||SCOTT SPARK RC 900 Team - HMF Carbon 29" Mountainbike - 2018|
|Manufacturer item code:||265235|
|Weight:||approx. 11,10 Kilogram (manufacturer information)|
|Frame:||Spark RC HMF Carbon | Boost 12x148 mm | SW dropouts|
|Rear Shock:||Fox Nude Trunnion | SCOTT Custom Tune | 3-modes | DPS | rebound adj. | Lockout | 70-100 mm travel|
|Headset:||Syncros Pro Drop in | Tapered 1.5" - 1 1/8" | bearing diameter size 42 mm and 52 mm|
|Fork:||FOX 32 SC Float Performance Air | Grip 3 / 3-Modes | 15x110 mm | tapered | lockout | rebound adj. | 100 mm travel|
|Stem:||Syncros XR1.5 | -8° | 31.8 mm | 1 1/8"|
|Bar:||Syncros FL1.5 | T shape Flat | 720 mm | 9° Backsweep|
|Grips:||Syncros Pro lock-on grips|
|Seatpost:||Syncros FL1.5 | 31.6 mm | 400 mm | 10 mm offset|
|Crankset:||SRAM X1 1000 Eagle | GXP | Boost | PF | QF 168 | 32T|
|Bottom Bracket:||SRAM GXP PF integrated | 41x89.5 mm shell|
|Rear Derailleur:||SRAM GX Eagle | 12-speed|
|Shifter:||SRAM GX Trigger|
|Sprocket:||SRAM GX | XG1275 | 10-50 T|
|Chain:||SRAM CN GX Eagle|
|Brakes:||SRAM Level TL | hydraulic disc brake | Centerline rotor 180/160 mm|
|Wheels:||Syncros XR2.5 | 6-bolt | front: 15x110 mm | rear: 12 x 148 mm Boost | 25 mm Tubless ready rim 28H / XD|
|Tires:||Maxxis Aspen | 2.25 | 60TPI Kevlar Bead | Dual Compound|
|Extra:||SCOTT TwinLoc Suspension System | 3 modes|
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)
|Selection: SCOTT SPARK RC 900 Team - HMF Carbon 29" Mountainbike - 2018|
|Still 1 in stock||in stock, delivery time 3-4 days||Frame Size S|
|Currently not in stock||Not deliverable||Frame Size M|
|Still 1 in stock||in stock, delivery time 3-4 days||Frame Size L|
|Currently not in stock||Not deliverable||Frame Size XL|
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (0)