Best possible protection for the smallest heads: that’s what the Ximo LE from Alpina provides. The children's helmet provides a multitude of detailed solutions, all geared towards one goal: maximum safety with maximum comfort. For a perfect fit, the Run System Classic Slide, which can be adapted to the head in three dimensions, ensures a high degree of comfort and protection. The low weight is due to the inmold production where the upper shell is thermally connected with the Hi-EPS. This results in a solid surface connection, which is responsible for a very sturdy design. In addition, the edges are finished with the polycarbonate Edge Protect shell.
Features of the Alpina Ximo L.E. Kids Bike Helmet
- The Run System Classic Slide allows for a three-dimensional adjustment to your head
- Strategically arranged ventilation openings keep sun off your head, while at the same time guaranteeing very good ventilation
- High-quality matte finish
- The flat rear increases the level of comfort in the child seat and trailer
- Ideal visibility thanks to the optional multi-fit light
- HI-EPS: The inner shell of every Alpina helmet is made of HI-EPS ("High Expanded Polystyrene"). Microscopically small air chambers absorb the forces of an impact. Despite optimal protection, HI-EPS ensures extra thin walls and slim helmet shapes.
- INMOLD: In the Inmold production process, the upper shell of the helmet made of polycarbonate is "baked" together with the EPS granulate of the helmet body under great heat and pressure. This creates an extensive and inseparable bond between the upper and lower shells. Advantage: the helmet is very light and at the same time extremely stable.
- EDGE PROTECT: A processing method that ensures that Inmold helmets have no sharp edges. This reduces the risk of injury in two ways: on the one hand, the hands are protected when handling the helmet, and on the other hand, in the event of an impact, the neck and shoulder area are protected from scratches when in contact with the lower edge of the helmet.
- CERAMIC SHELL: All Inmold-manufactured helmets from Alpina, get this break- and scratch-resistant polycarbonate shell. The blank is stretched under high heat to the shape of the later helmet and pressed with high pressure onto its HI-EPS body. The material is characterized by several qualities at the same time: it is break- and scratch-resistant, UV-stable as well as antistatic.
- REFLECTORS: Reflective applications on children's and city helmets offer additional protection. Reflective webbing, stickers and logos attract the attention of other road users.
- RUN SYSTEM CLASSIC: If you're just riding your bike to the shops, you don't necessarily need an elaborate and expensive fitting system. The Run System Classic is all you need: a simple and robust adjustment wheel that keeps the helmet securely and easily where it belongs: on your head.
- ERGOMATIC: Tried and tested hundreds of thousands of times and used in all Alpina cycling helmets: Alpina's well-known harness buckle with red push button and multi-stage automatic locking mechanism. Ergomatic can be operated with one hand - uphill you can loosen the strap, downhill you can tighten it - and it cannot open itself in case of a fall.
- Y-CLIP: A helmet can only protect as well as it remains in the optimum position on impact. The fixation of the two straps under the ear plays a decisive role in this. The Y-Clip system from Alpina guarantees a millimetre-precise adjustment - in seconds.
- FLY NET: The front ventilation openings of the helmet are equipped with a mesh fabric. This fulfils the same function as an insect screen and prevents insect bites on the scalp in hot and humid riding periods and places.
The air vents are strategically positioned to keep the sun’s rays away from the head while simultaneously ensuring excellent ventilation. The rear of the bicycle helmet is designed to be flat, increasing comfort when sitting in the child seat or trailer. The reflectors and the Multi-Fit Light, which can be retrofitted, ensure high visibility at dusk or at night. The list of features is rounded off by a high-quality matt finish.