Garmin Edge 520 Plus GPS Cycling Computer
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (1)
Description of Garmin Edge 520 Plus GPS Cycling Computer
Edge 520 Plus - easy-to-use GPS bike computer for competing and navigation
- Features advanced navigation, including new rider alerts and the preloaded Garmin Cycle Map with turn-by-turn directions for on and off road courses
- Preloaded Strava Live Segments let you compete second by second with your previous best or another rider's PR; see real-time results right on your screen
- Stay connected with LiveTrack and GroupTrack, smart notifications, rider-to-rider messaging and built-in Incident Detection
- Monitors cycling-specific VO2 max and recovery time when used with power and heart rate sensors
- Tracks Functional Threshold Power (FTP) and cycling dynamics when used with Vector™ power meters
- Battery life: up to 15 hours under typical use (battery life may vary depending on usage)
Presentation of the Garmin Edge 520 Plus:
With Edge520 Plus, you can train smarter and discover new routes. This cycling computer features advanced navigation and challenges built right in, not to mention a bright color screen, preloaded Strava Live Segments and the Garmin Cycle Map with turn-by-turn directions. Whether you're exploring new routes or pushing your limits at race time, Edge 520 Plus has exactly what you need.
Advanced navigation with Garmin Cycle Map
Edge 520 Plus is preloaded with the Garmin Cycle Map and includes turn-by-turn navigation and navigation alerts that notify you of upcoming turns. And, of course, it's smart enough to guide you back to the route — or back to the start — if you deviate from it or decide to head home early.
Messages from rider to rider
There's no need to reach for the phone or worry about your fellow riders when they pull ahead or fall behind. Rider-to-rider messaging lets you send prewritten notes from your Edge 520 Plus bike computer to theirs1. Let your friends know if you'll catch up in a few minutes or if they should go on without you. If you have a flat tyre or need assistance, you can send a message to your fellow riders who are paired with GroupTrack — so they can find you.
Advanced performance monitoring
Edge 520 Plus is compatible with ANT+® technology sensors, including speed, cadence and heart rate (sold separately). For even more performance data, Edge520+ is also compatible with ANT+ power meters, including Vector 3 (sold separately). The unique pedal-based power meter measures total power, left/right balance and cadence. You can even record cycling dynamics to get a better look at your form, including where your power is being applied on the pedal and throughout the pedal stroke.
With the addition of a heart rate strap (sold separately), you gain access to a variety of physiological data. See your cycling-specific VO2 max along with a recovery advisor, which analyses your data and tells you how long you should wait before attempting another hard ride. This connected system of sensors, accessories, cycling computer and post-ride analysis with our Garmin Connect™ online community allows you to keep track of how your body performs from ride to ride.
Customise your device
It's easy to customise your Edge 520 Plus bike computer with the free apps, widgets and data fields you want from Garmin´s Connect IQ™ store. Apps such as AccuWeather MinuteCast let you know when the rain will stop so you can find time for a ride. Get immediate feedback with the MPA and Power app from Xert so you can see if you're exceeding your maximum power available. A variety of configurable data fields show your favorite stats on a single, easy-to-read screen..
Ride with confidence and ease
Edge520 Plus is compatible with our Varia™ line of cycling awareness devices, including rear-view radar and smart bike lights. By pairing these devices with your Edge, you can get alerts — right on your Edge display — to approaching cars and help drivers see you. Use LiveTrack to let your friends and family follow your real-time location, or use GroupTrack2 to keep tabs on your riding buddies — and let them keep tabs on you — if you get separated. Edge 520 Plus even features built-in Incident Detection, which automatically sends your location to an emergency contact if you run into difficulty.
Strava Live Segments help you push to perform
Garmin and Strava are bringing you even more ways to test your limits. You'll still get alerts for segment starts and finishes and be able to virtually compete against your own PR and Strava friends with a redesigned second-by-second comparison that shows how you measure up. But now you'll also be able to see how your current effort compares to your PR, your most recent efforts or the personal bests of your friends. And finally, with the preloaded Strava Routes Connect IQ app, starred routes can now be wirelessly sent to your Edge bike computer so you can navigate and compete on your favourite Strava segments at the same time.
With the purchase of an Edge 520 Plus, you get a free 60-day trial of Strava Premium, so you can sample the best tools to push yourself.
Personalised race day power plan from Best Bike Split
The preloaded Best Bike Split app allows you to see how changes in weight, power and drag can affect your goal race time, and it creates the perfect power plan for race day. With the Best Bike Split Race Sync app, your race day power plan will guide you to your best bike split ever. Simply link your Best Bike Split account with your Edge 520 Plus, and all of your current race plans will be available at your fingertips. Create a Best Bike Split account today.
From plan to performance with TrainingPeaks
With the TrainingPeaks Connect IQ app, bringing your planned workout with you for every ride is as easy as turning on your Edge 520 Plus bike computer. The preloaded app puts your daily workout right on the Edge device. It guides you through your workout in real time, complete with intensity targets and interval durations. After your workout, sync to TrainingPeaks for detailed analysis and to measure progress toward your goals. Create a free TrainingPeaks account and get started with a free training plan.
With the Trailforks app, you can download trail maps to use offline when you go for a ride. Featuring trails from more than 80 countries, Trailforks maps include topographic information, points of interest, heatmaps, trail conditions, photos, videos and much more. Wherever you ride, you'll have access to the best, most up-to- date information so you can plan your ride, discover new trails and elevate your riding experience. Now with Garmin Edge integration you'll have access to all the best Trailforks courses on your handlebar.
Specifications of the Garmin Edge 520 Plus
Physical & Performance
- Physical dimensions: 49 x 73 x 21 mm
- Display size, WxH: 35.0 x 47.0 mm; 2.3" diagonal
- Display resolution, WxH: 200 x 265 pixels
- Color display
- Weight: 62.5 g
- Battery: Rechargeable lithium-ion
- Battery life: Up to 15 hours
- Water rating: IPX7
Maps & Memory
- Waypoints/favorites/locations: 200
- Routes: 100
- History: up to 200 hours
- Barometric altimeter
Daily Smart Features
- Smart notifications
- VIRB® Camera Remote
Training, Planning and Analysis Features
- Customisable screen(s)
- Auto Pause®
- Interval training
- Advanced workouts
- Auto Lap®
- V02 max
- Virtual Partner
- Auto scroll
- Time/distance alerts (triggers alarm when you reach goal)
- Compatible with Vector™ (power meter)
- Power meter compatible (displays power data from compatible third-party ANT+™-enabled power meters) - records data approx. 1 per second
- Garmin Connect™ compatible (online community where you analyze, categorize and share data)
- Automatic sync (automatically transfers data to Garmin Connect)
- Alerts (triggers alarm when you reach time, distance, HR, calories goals)
- Compatible with Varia™ bike radar and lights
- Advanced performance and power analysis, including new Time in Zone, FTP tracking, cycling-specific VO2 and recovery and cycling dynamics
- Bike trainer profile for compatible Turbo trainer data display and control
- On-device segment compatibility for dynamic and engaging in-ride competition
- Operating temperature: -20° C to +55° C
- Connected features via a smartphone
- Edge® remote compatibility: Yes
- LiveTrack: Yes
- Integration with Shimano Di2 electronic shifting
- Weather alerts
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (1)
Fact Sheet of Garmin Edge 520 Plus GPS Cycling Computer
|Product Name:||Garmin Edge 520 Plus GPS Cycling Computer|
|Manufacturer item code:||010-02083-10|
|Weight:||approx. 63 gram (Manufactures Specs)|
|Included in delivery:||
|Kind of functions:||cycling features
cycling awareness features
navigation with turn prompts
|Speciality:||Varia™ cycling awareness compatible
power measurement via ANT+ with optional Vector sensors
Compatible with ANT+ sensors
|Auxiliary equipment (optional):||
- Fact Sheet
- Ratings (1)