Rebirth of a legend
In the 1990s – the golden age of mountain bike sports - the former onza® team presented numerous innovative products to the bike community. Tire models such as the RIP, the DAVE, the RAIL, and of course the PORCUPINE were at the pinnacle of tire innovation in terms of grip and performance. After more than 30 years, it is time to revive the PORCUPINE’s legendary performance and achievements!
After over three decades the legendary PORCUPINE is back and get's a complete makeover while still keeping it's characteristic look of the past. The tread pattern was updated for less rolling resistance and comes with a dual tread compound. The PORCUPINE is the ideal all-rounder that works in every situation, no matter the conditions. It offers a very wide application field ranging from Tour, All Mountain or even E-Mountainbike use.
- continuous channel between center & side lugs for massive cornering grip
- outstanding smooth-rolling properties due to ramped center knobs
- double support protects the side lugs from folding in extreme cornering situations
- aggressive side knob shape paired with a soft 45a rubber for loads of traction
- open tread profile with moderate spaces for great self-cleaning
- class leading durability
Technologies of the Onza Porcupine TRC
TRC Trail Casing
- FRC becomes TRC (new name - same technology)
- moderate weight with good puncture protection
- single ply casing with nylon sidewall protection
- light but strong with foldable kevlar beads
Medium Compound 60
- improved compound formula for even more grip with lower rolling resistance
- dual compound for best traction, combined with excellent rolling characteristics and outstanding longevity
- harder 60a rubber in the center of the tread for low rolling resistance
- grippy 45a rubber on the side knobs for superb cornering control
Special bead technology for quick and tight air sealing of tire and rim. Tubeless Ready TLR works best with onza®tire's SEAL UP! sealant.
Manufacturer item code: 60 TPI: A1219093
Weight supplement: manufacturer information
Note: Tubeless Ready tires require tubeless compatible rims/wheels, tubeless valves, tubeless rim tape and sealing fluid for tubeless mounting. Sealant fluid is not required for tubeless UST tires, but is recommended for increased puncture protection. Installation should only be carried out by qualified personnel.