With this GPS running watch, nothing will stand in the way of your first sporting successes The heart rate measurement on the wrist provides
heart rate, pace and distance data to help you keep track of your performance with daily workout recommendations and the Garmin Running Coach help you get closer to your goals, one step at a time. recovery time, your Garmin even knows if your body is ready for the next activity or needs another day of rest. Other fitness and health features to help you balance exercise and daily life and get fitter.
Highlights of the Garmin Forerunner 55 GPS Running Watch
- GPS running watch with always-on color display
- Preloaded sports apps - running, cycling, HIIT, Pilates, breathing exercises and more
- Comprehensive running features including pace, distance, daily workout recommendations and Garmin Coach
- Effective training with 24/7 heart rate monitoring and VO2Max
- Recovery time, body battery, stress level and other health features
- Smart functions, such as notifications directly to the watch, among others
- Battery life of up to 14 days in smartwatch mode and up to 20 hours in GPS mode
Details about the Garmin Forerunner 55
Lightweight and comfortable, this smartwatch is the perfect fit for running and for everyday life. Whether you’re running a 5K or sweating it out during HIIT sessions, experience the ultimate in comfort with this sporty silicone band.
All the essentials for running
- Built-in GPS - Track where you run, and get accurate stats, including distance, pace and intervals.
- Wrist-based heart rate monitoring - Get heart rate data along with alerts if your heart rate stays high while you’re at rest. Even gauge how hard your heart is working during activities.
- Garmin Coach - These adaptive training plans feature guidance from expert coaches and free training plans that adapt to you and your goals. Workouts sync right to your watch from the Garmin Connect™ app.
- PacePro™ technology - To help you plan your race day strategy, this feature offers GPS-based pace guidance for a selected course or distance in the Garmin Connect™ app. So you can tailor your efforts to what’s ahead.
- Daily suggested workouts - For personalised training guidance, get daily run recommendations of varying intensities based on your training history, fitness level and recovery time.
- Finish time - Want some guidance to help you meet your goal? Select a distance for your run, and you’ll be able to see a data screen that shows your estimated finish time.
- Track run - When you’re ready to hit the track for some speedwork, use the built-in track run activity to record accurate lap distances and see your distances in metres.
- Cadence alerts - Want to improve your running form? Use the cadence alerts to know when you’ve gone outside your target cadence range.
- Recovery advisor - Giving your body time to recover between training sessions is crucial. After each workout, the built-in recovery time feature will let you know how long to rest before another big effort.
- Race predictor - This specialised tool takes into account your fitness level and training history to help you work toward your race goal and see the impact of training on your predicted finish time.
- Built-in sports apps - Switch up your workout routine with activity profiles for track or virtual running, pool swimming, Pilates, HIIT and even breathwork.
- Long Battery Life - Run to your heart’s content with up to 2 weeks of battery life in smartwatch mode and up to 20 hours in GPS mode.
More ways to track health and wellness
- Fitness tracking - While you’re out and about, Forerunner 55 tracks steps, intensity minutes and more.
- Stress tracking - Find out if you’re having a calm, balanced or stressful day. Relax reminders will even prompt you to do a short breathing activity.
- Body Battery™ energy monitoring - Track your body’s energy levels so you can find the best times for activity and rest.
- Intensity minutes - See when during the day you earned intensity minutes from moderate and vigorous physical activity.
- Fitness age - This feature uses chronological age, resting heart rate and other factors to estimate if your body is younger or older than you are. Age is just a number, after all.
- Respiration tracking - See how you’re breathing throughout the day, during sleep and during breathwork activities.
- Women’s health tracking - Use the Garmin Connect app to track your menstrual cycle or pregnancy. Log symptoms, get exercise and nutrition education, and more.
Customise and connect
- Smart notifications - Receive emails, texts and alerts right on your smartwatch when paired with your compatible smartphone.
- Safety and tracking features - If you feel unsafe or if your watch senses that an incident occurred, assistance and incident detection features can send a message with your location to emergency contacts.
- Connect IQ™ store - Download custom watch faces, add data fields, and get apps from the Connect IQ store.
- Music controls - Easily control the music playing on your paired smartphone, so you can skip songs without missing a beat.
- Syncs with Garmin Connect - Upload your activities to the Garmin Connect app to interact with a thriving online community where people on the go can connect and compete — and even share their triumphs via social media.
Specifications of the Garmin Forerunner 55 GPS Running Watch
- Watch glass: Chemically strengthened glass
- Strap: Silicone
- Dimensions: 42 x 42 x 11.6 mm (for a wrist circumference of 126 to 203 mm)
- Display size, W x H: 26.3 mm (1.04 ″) diameter
- Display resolution, W x H: 208 x 208 pixels
- Display type: sunlight-visible, transflective memory-in-pixel (MIP) - color display.
- Battery life: Smartwatch mode: Up to 2 weeks, GPS mode: Up to 20 hours
- Water resistance: 5 ATM
- Memory/log: 200 hours of activity data
- GPS time sync
- Automatic daylight saving time
- Alarm clock
- Sunrise and sunset times
- Wrist heart rate measurement (constant; every second)
- Daily Resting Heart Rate
- Abnormal Heart Rate Alerts (high and low)
- Respiration rate (24x7)
- Fitness Age
- Body Battery™ energy monitor
- All-day stress tracking
- Relaxation reminders
- Relaxation breathing timer
- Sleep monitoring (advanced)
- Hydration tracking - in Garmin Connect™ and optional in Connect IQ™ widget
- Women's health tracking - in Garmin Connect™ and optional in the Connect IQ™ widget.
- GPS, GLONASS, Galileo
- Garmin Elevate™ technology for wrist-based heart rate monitoring
Daily smart features
- Connectivity: Bluetooth®, ANT+®
- Connect IQ™: downloadable watch faces, data fields, widgets and apps
- Smart notifications
- Controls smartphone music
- Find My Phone - phone search function
- Find My Watch - watch search function
- Smartphone compatibility: iPhone® and Android®.
- Compatible with Garmin Connect™ Mobile
Safety and tracking features
- Live event sharing
- Incident Detection during select activities
Activity tracking features
- Step counter
- Move bar (displays on device after a period of inactivity; walk for a couple of minutes to reset it)
- Auto goal (learns your activity level and assigns a daily step goal)
- Calories burned
- Distance traveled
- Intensity minutes
- Move IQ™
- Available gym activity profiles: Cardio and Elliptical Training, Stair Stepping, HIIT, Pilates, Yoga
Workout, planning and analysis features
- Heart rate zones
- Heart Rate Alerts
- Heart Rate Calories
- Recovery Time
- Auto max heart rate
- Heart rate broadcast (broadcasts HR data over ANT+™ to paired devices)
- Respiration rate (during exercise) - yoga and breathwork only
- GPS speed and distance
- Customisable screen(s)
- Customizable activity profiles
- Auto Pause®
- Interval Training
- Advanced Workouts
- Downloadable training plans
- Auto Lap®
- Manual Lap
- Customizable lap alerts
- VO2max (Run)
- Improved recovery time
- Daily suggested workouts
- Audio prompts
- Finish time
- Touchscreen and/or button lockout
- Activity history on watch
- Physio TrueUp
- Available running profiles: Running, Treadmill Running, Track Running, Indoor Track Running, Virtual Running
- GPS-based distance, time and pace data
- Cadence (provides real-time number of steps per minute)
- PacePro™ pacing strategies
- Run workouts
- Race predictor
- Compatible with foot pod sensor
Outdoor recreation features
- Area calculation - via Connect IQ™
- Hunt/fish calendar - via Connect IQ™
- Sun and moon information - via Connect IQ™
- Alerts (triggers alarm when you reach goals including time, distance, heart rate or calories)
- Available cycling profiles: Biking, Indoor Biking
- Support for speed and cadence sensors - with sensor
- Available swim profiles: Pool Swimming
- Pool swim metrics (lengths, distance, pace, stroke count, swim efficiency (SWOLF), calories)
- Stroke type detection (freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke, butterfly) (pool swim only)
- Drill logging (pool swim only)
- Basic rest timer (up from 0) (pool swim only)
- "Repeat on" rest timer
- Auto rest (pool swim only)
- Time and distance alerts
- Countdown start
- Underwater wrist-based heart rate
Kid activity tracking features
- Toe-to-Toe™ challenges - optional Connect IQ app
Scope of delivery
- Forerunner 55
- USB charge/sync cable