First class protection and maximum adaptability
The Leatt 5.5 neck brace is a best seller from Leatt. That's because it has the same adjustability as the class-leading 6.5, but is made from reinforced polyamide for optimal protection with excellent value.
The Neck Brace is designed to reduce the forces that occur in an accident and transfer them through the neck brace to the strong muscles of the body, rather than the small fragile bones in the neck.
This super comfortable and extremely durable Neck Brace fits most body shapes and sizes.
Features of the Leatt neck protector Neck Brace 5.5
- Independent lab and rider testing has shown that neck forces and neck injuries are reduced by redirecting the stress away from the sensitive bones in the neck during an accident.
- Up to 89% fewer critical cervical spine injuries.
- Collarbone injuries are up to 45% more likely WITHOUT a neck brace.
- Special cutout for the clavicle keeps the rim of the helmet away from the most sensitive bones.
- Composite matrix platform provides the most efficient reduction of neck forces
- Optimal platform for helmet brim redistributes neck forces and provides helmet freedom of movement
- CoreFlex split rear thoracic brace is designed to conform to the body's natural movements for a more comfortable fit and releases before excessive pressure is applied to the back.
- Front and rear SureFit-slide adjusters provide three-way adjustability for a perfect fit
- Shaped, split front for increased comfort and fit
- Flat push button system for opening/closing
- Easy to use emergency release mechanism
- Injected, durable and easy to clean foam padding
- CE approved and certified as personal protective equipment 89/686/EEC
- Weight: from 790g (1.74lbs).
- S/M - chest circumference 82 - 94 cm
- L/XL - chest circumference 94-122 cm