SRAM RED 22. When SRAM re-introduced SRAM RED in 2012 there was simply nothing more SRAM could add to make it better. SRAM RED was all new, re-designed throughout, with innovations SRAM has spent the past year touting and their athletes proving. It was loaded with features and benefits that matched the needs of professionals: fast, light, aerodynamic, ergonomic, near-silent, and, of course, trim-less, with ground breaking Yaw™ technology. Adding two more gears to that combination was arguably the only improvement required. The added benefit is that now, without adding weight, SRAM maintains a system that shifts incredibly fast upfront, and with the best and smoothest gear transitions in back. And, for the first time available anywhere, the system gives you twenty-two gears. No compromise and no trim, what SRAM is calling True 22, in any gear combination. Welcome to SRAM RED 22.
The new SRAM RED Front Derailleur changes everything. Instead of simply moving back and forth, the derailleur cage actually rotates to maintain a consistent angular relationship with the chain. SRAM calls it Yaw Technology
, and it eliminates the need for shifter trim. As a result, shifts feel more direct, more precise, and combined with the new RED crankset and chainrings, delivers an unmatched performance advantage in front shifting.
- Slim spring design eliminates frame interference.
- Optimized for shifting with X GlideR Chainrings.
- Best combination of aluminum and steel for the strongest and most durable cage SRAM has ever made.
- Precision install markings.
- Integrated chain spotter protects your frame without adding any extra clunk, and adjusts independently of the derailleur itself.