Outshine the competition
With this GPS running and triathlon watch, you'll train more intensively than ever before and be optimally prepared for your next competition. The solar-powered lens ensures extra-long battery life, preloaded maps show you new routes and the practical music function provides you with the motivating soundtrack. Thanks to new features such as training readiness, stamina and heart rate variability measurement, as well as familiar comprehensive training functions and physiological readings, you get all the data you need to make every workout more efficient, master every session in top shape and finish every run or triathlon in a new best time.
Forerunner 955 Solar with silicone wristband 22 mm (for wrist circumference 125 -208 mm).
Highlights of the Garmin Forerunner 955 Solar
- Get up to 20 days of battery life in smartwatch mode for a full picture of your health — from sleep to training.
- Harness the power of the sun, and get up to 49 hours of battery life in GPS mode with solar charging.
- Swipe through stats and maps with a new, responsive touchscreen.
- Confidently run any route using full-color, built-in maps and multi-band GPS.
- Know when you’re primed for a productive session with training readiness.
- Plan your strategy with daily suggested workouts, course details and more on the race widget.
- Know if your undertraining or overdoing it, with an improved training status feature.
Details of the Garmin Forerunner 955 Solar
- Solar powered battery - Get up to 20 days of battery life in smartwatch mode with solar charging. In GPS mode, get up to 42 hours and up to 49 hours when solar charging. With UltraTrac™ mode, go even longer with up to 110 hours when solar charging.
- Touchscreen and buttons - Click or swipe through maps and stats with traditional button controls or a new, responsive touchscreen.
- Tailored to the dedicated - Clocking in at just 52 grams, the Forerunner 955 smartwatch will keep you light on your feet and attuned to your body.
- Training readiness - From the moment you wake up, get a readiness score based on your sleep quality, recovery, training load and more, so you can determine whether it’s a good day to go hard — or take it easy.
- Morning report - Receive an overview of your sleep, recovery and training outlook as soon as you wake up — alongside HRV status, training readiness and weather. You can even customize your report to show what you want to see.
- HRV status - Gain a deeper understanding of your overall health, training and recovery through heart rate variability while you sleep, based on technology developed by our Firstbeat Analytics™ team.
- Race widget - Get ready for your next race with training tips, personalized daily suggested workouts and completion time predictions based on course details, weather and performance.
- Daily training suggestions - View your entire week of daily suggested workouts, which adapt after every run to match your performance and recovery as well as the races coming up in your Garmin Connect™ smartphone app calendar.
- Garmin Coach - Free adaptive training plans include 5K, 10K and half-marathon programs, featuring guidance from expert coaches that adapt to you and your goals.
- Running Power - Get a continuous measurement on your wrist of how much power you’re applying to the road as you run when using a Running Dynamics Pod or HRM-Pro™ monitor.
- Real-time Stamina - Use this data to track and manage your exertion — and help avoid overexerting at the start of your run or bike ride.
- Running Dynamics - When using a Running Dynamics Pod or HRM-Pro monitor, the Forerunner 955 watch measures crucial running metrics such as cadence, stride length, ground contact time and balance, and more.
- Training Effect - See how your workouts influence your endurance, speed and power with aerobic and anaerobic training effect feedback.
- Recovery Time - Know the recovery time before your next intense workout. This includes the last workout, total stress, sleep, and daily activities completed in addition to workouts.
- Acute load - Compare the intensity of your recent workouts to the optimal range to help improve your fitness and see your training history.
- Training effect - See how your workouts affect endurance, speed, and power. Aerobic and anaerobic Training Effect feedback makes it possible.
- PacePro™ feature - The PacePro feature helps keep you on pace with grade-adjusted guidance as you run a course.
- Recovery time - Know how long to recover before your next high-effort workout based on your latest training as well as overall stress, sleep and daily activities outside of workouts.
- VO2max - Train smarter with VO2 max, an indicator of how you can expect to perform. This metric even accounts for changes in performance that could be caused by heat or altitude.
- Performance condition - While you run, get an analysis of your pace, heart rate and heart rate variability for a real-time assessment of your current ability to perform.
- Sync training plans - Get your indoor and outdoor training plans from the Garmin Connect™ app, or sync seamlessly to your Forerunner smartwatch from other platforms, including TrainingPeaks® and more.
- Built-in sports apps - Switch up your workouts with activity profiles for cycling, triathlon, pool and open-water swimming, track running and more. For races and brick workouts, switch sports with a single button press
- Visual Race Predictor - Based on your running history and overall fitness level, get an estimate of what your pace could be for a 5K, 10K — or even a marathon. Plus, trend data highlights your training’s impact over time.
- Multiband GNSS Support - Access multiple global navigation satellite systems, and get access to multiple frequencies sent by navigation satellites for improved accuracy in areas where GNSS signals are reflected, weak or typically don't penetrate — giving you superior accuracy for how far and how fast you’ve run — even in challenging environments.
- Full-color mapping - Whether you’re running on city streets or riding densely covered trails, Forerunner 955 provides, full-color, built-in mapping to keep you on track.
- Turn-by-Turn Navigation - Follow a course with help from turn-by-turn directions, which let you know ahead of time when the next turn is coming.
- Round-trip routing - With Trendline™ popularity routing, it’s easy to find the best local paths. Just enter a desired distance, and Forerunner 955 will suggest courses that bring you back to your starting point.
- Up ahead - Get at-a-glance awareness for points of interest along the course. In addition, view performance metrics, split times and distance/elevation — plus a summary of key course points coming up.
- ClimbPro feature - Use ClimbPro ascent planner on downloaded courses to see real-time information on your current and upcoming climbs, including gradient, distance and elevation gain.
- Safety and tracking features - If you feel unsafe or if your watch senses that an incident occurred, Assistance and incident detection features send your location to emergency contacts. Incident detection is enabled by default for select activity profiles only.
- Courses - Create or find existing courses in the Garmin Connect app, so you’ll never run out of places to run. Or plan one on other platforms such as Strava and Komoot, then automatically sync them to your Forerunner smartwatch.
- Wrist-based heart rate - The watch constantly samples your heart rate with our latest-generation heart rate sensor and will alert you if it stays too high or too low while you’re at rest. It also helps gauge how hard you work during activities — even while swimming.
- Body Battery™ energy monitoring - Track your body’s energy levels so you can find the best times for activity and rest.
- Improved sleep monitoring and sleep score - Understand how your body is recovering — and get ready for training — with our improved sleep monitoring feature. After waking up, you’ll receive a sleep score, as well as breakdown of your sleep stages, Pulse Ox and respiration, alongside detailed insights for improved sleep quality.
- PulseOx sensor - This wrist-based Pulse Ox sensor monitors blood oxygen saturation levels to support advanced sleep monitoring and altitude acclimation.
- Women’s health tracking - Use the Garmin Connect app to track your menstrual cycle or pregnancy. Log symptoms, get exercise and nutrition education, and more. Even see and log details on your wrist with the Women’s Health Tracking app.
- Health Snapshot™ feature - Log a 2-minute session to record key stats, including heart rate, heart rate variability, Pulse Ox, respiration and stress. Then generate a report with those stats to share via the Garmin Connect app on your compatible smartphone.
- Music on your wrist - Download up to 2,000 songs plus playlists from your Spotify, Deezer or Amazon music accounts (subscription may be required).
- Garmin Pay™ contactless payments - Breeze through checkout lines with Garmin Pay contactless payments4 through participating providers.
- Smart notifications - Receive emails, texts and alerts right on your watch, when paired with your Apple® or Android™ smartphone. You can even respond to texts if you have an Android phone.
- Smart trainer control - Operate your Tacx® smart trainer via ANT+® technology to get track simulations, automatic resistance changes and workout announcements when using tracks or workouts from the watch.
- Garmin Connect app - See your health and fitness information, connect and compete with friends, sign up for challenges to earn badges and more — all in one free, zero-subscription app.
- Connect IQ™ Shop - Download custom watch faces, add data fields, and get apps or widgets from the Connect IQ Store app downloaded on your compatible smartphone.
Scope of delivery:
- Forerunner 955 Solar
- Charging/data cable
- Quick start guide