SHIMANO is well known for their high quality hydraulic disc brakes in mountain biking. After intensive testing SHIMANO launched today a future direction in road braking: hydraulic disc brakes for on road usage with electronic Di2 shifting. The BR-R785 hydraulic disc brakes maintain high consistent braking performance regardless the weather conditions through innovative heat management and brake power that can be tuned to riding conditions, terrain, riders’ size and abilities.
The disc brake set contains two hydraulic disc brake caliper BR-R785 and the associated dual control lever ST-R785.
Hydraulic Disc Brake Caliper BR-R785
The hydraulic disc brake caliper BR-R785 maintains braking performance on long descents and in all weather conditions. It is possible to customize braking performance for ride conditions, terrain, rider size and experience level.
Rotor size options: SM-RT99 140mm / 160mm
Dual control lever ST-R785
Despite the integration of a mineral oil reservoir in the lever SHIMANO’s engineers were able to develop a compact Di2 dual control lever (ST-R785) to create a comfortable and natural hand position for all day riding comfort. When descending with rim brakes riders use much power and energy to stop for a turn or even a hairpin. Hydraulic disc brakes have more stopping power and allow riders to brake more efficiently with less energy.
- Comfortable and natural hand position for all day riding comfort
- More stopping power, with less effort, especially from the hood position - High braking power ideal for cyclocross and on-road riding
- Fits a wide variety of hand sizes from the hood position - Electronic shifting function based shift / brake lever allows for more compact, more ergonomic hood and lever design
- Reservoir tank provides pad clearance auto-adjust to maintain consistent pad clearance
- Both lever reach adjust and free stroke adjust possible