The cool helmet design makes kids more likely to want to wear a helmet
The ALPINA HACKNEY bike helmet has a face. It winks kindly with the front air inlet and so is cheeky enough to please the cool kids. But more importantly: The ALPINA HACKNEY protects youngsters on all their adventures.
Features of the Alpina Hackney Kids Bike Helmet
- Rugged & impact resistant Inmold construction
- Easy to use, twist-proof harness buckle with multi-stage automatic locking system
- Individual helmet fit thanks to a tiltable adjustment system at the back of the head
- Comfortable adjustable straps on the ears
- Lighting can be retrofitted with optional Plug-In Light
- HI-EPS: Alpina helmets have inner shells made of Hi-EPS (highly expanded polystyrene). This material consists of many microscopically small air chambers which effectively absorb the forces caused by an impact. Hi-EPS provides optimum protection with the benefit of allowing extra-thin walls.
- CERAMIC: This impact- and scratch-resistant polycarbonate shell is fitted to all Alpina helmets manufactured using the Inmold procedure. The blank workpieces are shaped at high temperature onto the form of the helmet design and the shells are then pressed onto the helmet's Hi-EPS body. The material combines a number of distinct advantages: it is impact- and scratch-resistant, it contains UV stabilisers and is anti-static.
- INMOLD TEC: The Inmold production process involves the polycarbonate outer shell of the helmet being heated to a high temperature and "baked" onto the EPS helmet body at high pressure. This produces a permanent bond across the entire surface of the inner and outer shells, producing a helmet with the advantage of being very light yet extremely stable.
- RUN SYSTEM ERGO FLEX: The Run System Ergo Flex is Alpina's lightest and most comfortable fitting system. The filigree construction nestles evenly against the head and thus increases protection. The Ergo Flex Run System can be adjusted via a fine grid - a helmet cannot be adjusted more individually, smoothly or comfortably.
- ERGOMATIC: Tried and tested countless times, this is the buckle used in all Alpina cycle helmets. It features a red push button and multi-step automatic adjustment. It can be used one-handed, so for example you can loosen the strap when riding uphill and tighten it again for the descent, and it cannot come open in the event of a crash.
- Y-CLIP: A helmet can only provide proper protection if it stays securely in place in the event of an impact. The fastening that joins the two straps under the ear is critical to this. Alpina's Y-Clip system guarantees a perfect fit down to the last millimetre, all in a matter of seconds.
- 3D FIT: The height setting of the Run System can be adjusted individually.
The stable inmold construction and Hi-EPS provide cushioning properties in the event of a collision. A guardian angel, formed by the upper helmet openings, also always rides along. It is to be taken playfully, but is also a symbol with a clear statement: ALPINA wants to protect you. Always. Everywhere.
The ventilation inlets of the ALPINA HACKNEY not only form a face and a guardian angel, but are predominantly responsible for optimal ventilation. The height-adjustable Run-System also provides comfort. Thus, adjustment is very easy and maximum comfort guaranteed.
Optionally, a plug-in light can be integrated into the rear of the bike helmet, so that the kids are perceived early on by other road users even in poor visibility and darkness. Visibility brings security. That's why ALPINA HACKNEY is also available in a neon yellow "be visible" version.
The Alpina Flexxy Cool Kids glasses match this helmet perfectly.
Note: Please measure the head circumference to get the right helmet size.
Weight supplement: manufacturer's specs