Spray-on detergent for all weatherproof textiles made of synthetic fiber, cotton and canvas, including tents, awnings, awnings, backpacks, bike, motorcycle and camera bags.
Features of Nikwax Tent & Gear SolarWash:
- Effective cleaning
- Extends the life of tents by up to 50% by means of a simple cleaning process.
- It improves material resistance and provides protection against material degradation caused by harmful UV radiation
- Refreshes and maintains water repellent properties
- Protects against sun and rain alike
- Cleans up to three times before re-waterproofing is necessary
UV light and dirt are the main causes of material decay in tents. The harmful UV rays literally "attack" the fabric, reducing its tear strength and bleaching it out. In addition to this, dirt affects the water-repellent impregnation and causes the material to soak up water. Also, the DWR no longer adheres properly to the fabric, making it susceptible to mildew.
The Nikwax Tent & Gear SolarWash is a water-based cleaning spray for tents and outdoor equipment made of fabric. It protects against harmful UV rays while removing stains. Unlike normal detergents, however, it leaves no residue that could affect the water-repellent DWR impregnation.
Like all special cleaners from Nikwax, Tent & Gear SolarWash doesn't just clean - it brings additional benefits: just one cleaning with this new formula improves the tent material's resistance to harmful UV rays by fifty percent! Plus, the DWR impregnation can be refreshed over up to three cleanings. And if reimpregnation is due, Tent & Gear SolarWash is the ideal preparation for it. Best of all, these fantastic performance features could be achieved without the use of environmentally persistent, hazardous chemicals!
All waterproof/water repellent fabrics including cotton, canvas and synthetic fibers. Recommended for tents, awnings, sun sails, umbrellas, backpacks, bike- motorcycle- and camera bags.
- Set up tent or spread flat on a protected surface.
- Tent & Gear SolarWash Spray evenly on the outside of the material from a distance of about 15 cm.
- Rub in liquid with a damp cloth/sponge, especially in particularly dirty areas. Heavy soiling can also be removed using a nylon brush.
- Wash off with clean water (cloth/sponge). If reimpregnation is not necessary, allow the tent to air dry for a sufficiently long time before packing.
50 ml SolarWash is sufficient for cleaning approx. 1 sqm of material surface.