Rotor 13-speed - Your world in one chainring
Although a traditional 2x11-speed groupset has 22 theoretical gears, the effective gear range is 14-speed due to overlap of chainring and sprocket combinations. To access these 14 gears in the correct order, multiple front derailleur shifts are required. The Rotor 1x13 group has 13 effective gears that you can shift sequentially up or down without the risk of front chainring mis-shifting. "1x13" is a lightweight, aerodynamic and reliable system that offers you freedom to adapt your pedalling as the slope of the road dictates.
Highlights of the Rotor 1x13 cassette
- CNC-machined 2-piece 13-speed cassette
- 6 large aluminium sprockets offer greater increments of range
- 7 small steel sprockets have a closer progressive sequence
- fast and precise shifting thanks to optimized flow ramp tooth profile
- incredibly light weight: 236 to 321 grams (depending on ratio | manufacturer's specs)
- available sprocket ratios: 10-36, 10-39, 10-46 and 10-52 teeth
Details of the Rotor 13-speed cassette
Rotor developed the True Cadence technology analyzing extensive Powermeter data of all types of cyclists with results showing the optimal cadence ranges for the distribution of sizes across the 13 sprockets. The result are high-quality 13-speed cassettes consisting of 2 parts which are CNC-machined from a block of aluminium each and connected afterwards. This results in an extremely light weight while meticulously and with obsessive quality controls guarantee precise function.
Weight supplement: 10-36 teeth)
approx. 241 gram (10-39 teeth)
approx. 290 gram (10-46 teeth)
approx. 321 gram (10-52 teeth)